Home Non Cigar Related

Favorite Crappy Beer?

2»

Comments

• JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
    Busch Light period. Thats all I can drink now other than the craft beers I pick up.
    "Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky
  • coachjamiecoachjamie Posts: 337
    I drink nothing but crappy beer right now,lol.
    I love PBR, Miller High Life, Natty Lite and Natty Ice
  • sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    coachjamie:
    I drink nothing but crappy beer right now,lol. I love PBR, Miller High Life, Natty Lite and Natty Ice
    Ah, and Miller High Life makes its first appearance. Can't beat the "Champagne of Beers"
  • MrMokeMrMoke Posts: 321 ✭✭
    I try to avoid anything that could be described as crappy, but back in the day, my favorite crappy berr would have been Schlitz, only problem I found with it was it had atendency to give me the Schlitz!!!!!
    lol

• lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    I have a dirty little secret........ and it's High Life Lite!

During hunting season, I've also been known to imbibe on the occasional Stag or Busch Lite.

My usual crappy beer of choice is Miller Lite..... in a can though. I hate bottles.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • StarbuckStarbuck Posts: 32
    Oh wow....ah Miller Lite I guess. I've got to be nearly drunk to drink this stuff. Not much of a fan for the Busch beers either. Bleh!
  • gmill880:
    Fat Tire ...not crappy by any stretch of the imagination ... time to re-load thr fridge !
    Mmmm... Fat Tire is amazing. Really hard to get ahold of in Ohio though. Last time I was in CO. I almost drank my cousins wedding reception out of Fat Tire.

As far as crappy, Budweiser. It's readily available since I moved back home. And I will agree with Honey Brown. Killian's is mighty tasty as well.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Flying Dog Old Scratch Amber Lager... tastes cheap as hell.

• HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    I pretty much exclusively drink Newcastle and Guinness - if for some reason I can't afford these, I just don't buy beer... If I'm out with the guys and we're getting pitchers, or playing drinking games, however, I'll roll with a Bud Light. I tried PBR recently, and seriously almost threw it back up (and I wasn't drunk yet)..
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • jship079jship079 Posts: 621
    In my teens I use to drink this beer calleed crazy hourse it had a native american type scene on it in white, I could drink a fith of 100 proff southern comfort and it would not kick my butt like two 40oz of this stuff
  • Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    Hays:
    I pretty much exclusively drink Newcastle and Guinness - if for some reason I can't afford these, I just don't buy beer... If I'm out with the guys and we're getting pitchers, or playing drinking games, however, I'll roll with a Bud Light. I tried PBR recently, and seriously almost threw it back up (and I wasn't drunk yet)..
    Newcastle is amazing. This is my take on it though. I only go for the cheap 'beer' if I'm with the fellas and all of my beer is gone. I hardly ever pay for it. Sometimes I'll buy some for everyone else though, because I'm a nice guy. I make sure the gals have something as well, as they like to drink ciders. If you're playing drinking games, Bud Light or something is really the best choice, because it's so damn cheap and readily available at just about every convenience store.
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    Heavy:
    vegassparky:
    Tecate with a lime...tastes like water to me
    You ever had one with salt? i.e. either salt the rim of a glass like a margarita or if you're drinking a can, just shove the top into a container of kosher salt then sqeeze lime all over the top. It ain't bad. Then again, I guess if you add a bunch of salt and lime to just about anything it will taste half-way decent!
    My parents live in Texas and the last time I was there to visit my dad took me to a local dive bar for dollar beer night. They were selling Tecate cans prepared just like this for only a dollar! needless to say I wasn't driving home.

If we are talking mass-produced, from one of the "big three", I'll go with Miller Lite I guess. But I have been really enjoying Shiner Bock a lot lately. Not a crappy beer, but not phenominal and I buy it because it saves me money over the Old Rasputin I've been indulging with lately.
  • Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    ejenne87:
    Heavy:
    vegassparky:
    Tecate with a lime...tastes like water to me
    You ever had one with salt? i.e. either salt the rim of a glass like a margarita or if you're drinking a can, just shove the top into a container of kosher salt then sqeeze lime all over the top. It ain't bad. Then again, I guess if you add a bunch of salt and lime to just about anything it will taste half-way decent!
    My parents live in Texas and the last time I was there to visit my dad took me to a local dive bar for dollar beer night. They were selling Tecate cans prepared just like this for only a dollar! needless to say I wasn't driving home.

If we are talking mass-produced, from one of the "big three", I'll go with Miller Lite I guess. But I have been really enjoying Shiner Bock a lot lately. Not a crappy beer, but not phenominal and I buy it because it saves me money over the Old Rasputin I've been indulging with lately.
    Shiner Bock is easily my favorite beer. Compared to some of the beers I buy, the price is roughly the same, but it's available everywhere, especially in Texas. If you can find it, I recommend Shiner Black. It's some pretty good stuff.
  • gripnripgripnrip Posts: 502 ✭✭✭
    Used to put away more than my fair share of Old Milwaukee Light.
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    Miller Lite, PBR, Session Lager (which is actually made by microbrewery Full Sail), Miller High Life, and my favorite 22oz can is Bud Light with Clamato.
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    dennisking:
    Miller Lite, PBR, Session Lager (which is actually made by microbrewery Full Sail), Miller High Life, and my favorite 22oz can is Bud Light with Clamato.
    Clamato.... Reminds me of a Richard Jeni bit... Seems gross to me
    no Lassy, it's awesome. try it. if you don't like it, pour it in to a jar and mail it to me and i'll finish it....
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    If there's nothing decent on tap, I'll take tap water. I won't drink lousy beer just to be drinking. Bud and Miller make me ill.
  • RippRipp Posts: 125
    PBR hands down! Local pizza place has it on tap... buy it by the pitcher, pop a zantac and live a little.
    zoom6zoom:
    If there's nothing decent on tap, I'll take tap water. I won't drink lousy beer just to be drinking. Bud and Miller make me ill.
    Well aren't you all high and sober!
  • RippRipp Posts: 125
    dennisking:
    no Lassy, it's awesome. try it. if you don't like it, pour it in to a jar and mail it to me and i'll finish it....
    Chelada Tall Can on the way.. err I mean when I GET home from a long work week.
  • sirfoster83sirfoster83 Posts: 783
    I'm from WI if its a crap beer its Miller Lite or nothing. Thats when i hunt down sone whiskey or go to bed
  • I discovered my least favorite crappy beer during my time in Wisconsin.

Blatz. Terrible stuff.
  • sirfoster83sirfoster83 Posts: 783
    Blatz is horrible. So is Shlitz
  • sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    sirfoster83:
    Blatz is horrible. So is Shlitz
    Blatz sounds like a terrible name to begin with. And we know what Shlitz sounds like.
  • Natty Light.
    drinking a PBR right now. it's okay to be jealous.
    Schlitz in Bottles is reformulated from it's original formula... Supposed to taste better! I haven't had it yet, though.... I'm working on seeing if I can outdrink the incoming supply of Miller Lite from my local grocery store... So far it's 582 - 1... The grocery store always gets more Miller in before I can drink it all
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555

PBR Pounders
    Lionshead - 24 bottles for $9.90! back in the day!

and my favorite - BEER -
    Thats right found at a packy in NH, a white can w Beer in black lettering across the front!
    That last one was the best worst beer ever!

• firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    wwestern:
    When I think crappy beer I think massive produced beer you can find anywhere, and of that I'd say miller lite's my favorite.

+1