Home General Discussion

oasis 2 hygrometer , accurate?

ok, you guys have seen my new cab humi. i have an oasis 2 xl in it w/ hard wired digi hygrometer. ok i have that in the upper middle a xaikar on the bottom and new xcalibur 3 in between. they all read different. my oasis reads 68.5 where i set it, my e3 reads 78 and xaikar reads 72. they dont bounce around, they hold w/in 1-2 degrees always is the oasis accurate

Comments

• The CankThe Cank Posts: 799
    My Oasis is off by +5%. I have it set on 70% but it is really 65-66%. most oasis are off on the hygro.
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    I got lucky and bought a used Oasis off ebay that's only off by 4% - YMMV, but the Oasis hygro's are notorious for being inaccurate. Trust the Xikar
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have the Oasis XL II also and mine hygro is really off. I run mine at 80 and it keeps my cabinet between 65 - 67. In talking to a couple of distributors, the Oasis is notorious for having a hygro and they all suggested using a seperate digital one and set the Oasis according to that; this is the reason I am starting to use more ConservaGel beads and less Oasis. Hope this helps.
  • fuentejpsfuentejps Posts: 345
    mine seems to be opposite. set mine at 62 to keep 2 digis at 70ish
    i may need to get the aux fans. i cant get the center below 75..... begining to think the oasis xl 2 is too much. the seal on my humi is super tight, im holding to much humidity. any ideas guys
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    fuentejps:
    i may need to get the aux fans. i cant get the center below 75..... begining to think the oasis xl 2 is too much. the seal on my humi is super tight, im holding to much humidity. any ideas guys
    PM me you addy, I'll send you the fans; I think that using more beads is going to helo me out better anyways.
    bandyt09:
    fuentejps:
    PM me you addy, I'll send you the fans; I think that using more beads is going to helo me out better anyways.
    pm sent. thank you
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    From what I've heard, the Oasis Hygro is always inaccurate
    ok this is driving me nutz. 3 digi hygrometers and 3 different readings. my xaikar cand oasis are within 2% of each other but my new exc 3 is 10-12% higher. axiakar=60, oasis=62, ex3=75.......wtf
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    I have a quarter pound of beads in each of my drawers. they don't get much airflow even with the fans, but they stay at 67%. I'm about to get 2 pounds of beads (to add to the 1.5 I have) and replace the Humicare pro altogether. The added box storage space will be a nice bonus. I'd suggest you do the same.
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    fuentejps:
    ok this is driving me nutz. 3 digi hygrometers and 3 different readings. my xaikar cand oasis are within 2% of each other but my new exc 3 is 10-12% higher. axiakar=60, oasis=62, ex3=75.......wtf
    Salt test all 3 of them in the same container; 24-36 hours later, you'll have your answer

Even though I use an Oasis in my 300 humi, I still have a few tubes of Heartfelt beads in there as a control (I always keep the beads dry, since the Oasis only emits humidity, never absorbs it)
    xmacro:
    fuentejps:
    Salt test all 3 of them in the same container; 24-36 hours later, you'll have your answer

Even though I use an Oasis in my 300 humi, I still have a few tubes of Heartfelt beads in there as a control (I always keep the beads dry, since the Oasis only emits humidity, never absorbs it)
    ill throw a pound of beads back in. fairly dry ........the cal 3 says youll ruin it doing salt test and my oasis is a hard wired hygro