Home General Discussion

Rocky Patel Vintage 1992

Ok so I've been seeing a lot about this cigar. A lot of people seem to like it and say it's a quality smoke. I can get my hands on the Rocky Patel Vintage 1992 Short Belicoso which is being sold in a five pack for $20 plus free shipping. Just wondering what are some of the experts thoughts on this cigar. From what I see, this one cigar sells for about $7.50 a stick, so the five for 20 seems like a good deal, especially with the free shipping.

Thanks guys!

-Starbuck

Comments

• lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Starbuck:
    Ok so I've been seeing a lot about this cigar. A lot of people seem to like it and say it's a quality smoke. I can get my hands on the Rocky Patel Vintage 1992 Short Belicoso which is being sold in a five pack for $20 plus free shipping. Just wondering what are some of the experts thoughts on this cigar. From what I see, this one cigar sells for about $7.50 a stick, so the five for 20 seems like a good deal, especially with the free shipping.

Thanks guys!

-Starbuck
    That's a solid deal. Don't know where you can get that deal, but just to be safe, you should call Ccom and see if they're willing to match.

It's a good cigar. Lotta mixed emotions around here about RP, in general. But I think most of us like this cigar.....
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Posts: 728
    lilwing88:
    Starbuck:

Thanks guys!

-Starbuck
    That's a solid deal. Don't know where you can get that deal, but just to be safe, you should call Ccom and see if they're willing to match.

It's a good cigar. Lotta mixed emotions around here about RP, in general. But I think most of us like this cigar.....
    I actually havent had the 92, but i love the 90.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    92 is a great stick, it's basically same blend as the 90, but with a different wrapper.

"Long ashes my friends."

• VidarienVidarien Posts: 246
    Maybe its just me, but has anyone else noticed the 92 doesnt have exactly the same flavor anymore? Seems around the time they changed the band from purple to grey.
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Vidarien:
    Maybe its just me, but has anyone else noticed the 92 doesnt have exactly the same flavor anymore? Seems around the time they changed the band from purple to grey.
    Both blends seem to have changed recently. At least to my taste buds.

In response to the original poster, I think the '92 is an ok stick. For the price I can think of 5 or 6 other Sumatra wrapped sticks I'd rather have, but don't let that dissuade you from trying it. It should be a stick everyone tries at least once. The '90 as well.
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    It was one of the first sticks I tried when I was getting serious into smoking cigars. I like the cigar but haven't had any since they changed the band & poss. the blend. I still have a bunch of the 90's & 92's just resting and chilling for me to smoke them from thinking over 2 years ago??? Try them out that's what this hobby is all about.
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Krieg:
    92 is a great stick, it's basically same blend as the 90, but with a different wrapper.

It IS a great stick - as is the Vintage 90. And another one is the RP Fusion which has the same filler and binder as the 90 and 92 and it has wrappers from BOTH vintages on it. I like 'em all.

Marty

• StarbuckStarbuck Posts: 32
    Thanks all for the advice and suggestion. I still haven't acted on the deal yet. To be honest, both humidors are full. So I def need to upgrade to a bigger one. Although I am working on converting a wine cooler into a temp humidor to have a place to stash some sticks.