Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Hot Sauce

2»

Comments

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,759 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enjoying my daughter's leftover scrambled eggs and sausage with Calvin's famous Asian Hobo hot sauce, thanks @CalvinAndHobo!
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    Captain_CallCaptain_Call Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Used that stuff on my camp breakfasts last weekend. Huge hit with the family
  • Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,660 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Calvin's is the chit, sorry @CharlieHeis
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love Dave's.  When I bought it, the guy said use it by the drop.  I thought to myself, yeah, yeah...  I was making some sauce and I went to put some Dave's in a got more that a drop.  I had to double the amount of sauce to make it tolerable.

From that time on, I put a drop in a spoon and then add it to whatever I'm making.
  • Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Tabasco Chipotle is one I use everyday. I also cook up my own. Red chile flakes, chipotle and ancho peppers, onion, garlic, cumin, water, and a splash of balsamic vinegar. Simmer for 1/2 hour and when it's cooled run it through a blender. The longer you cook it the more mellow it becomes. More flavor than heat but the heat is there.
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm a Sriracha guy.  Used to carry a travel bottle everywhere until it started leaking.  I wish it were a little hotter, but I like the flavor.  Tabasco and similar style sauces are too much vinegar for my taste.

I recently got  a 3-pack sampler from Queen Majesty Hot Sauce out of Long Island, NY.  2 oz bottles of Jalapeno, Tequila, Lime; Scotch Bonnet and Ginger; and Red Habanero & Black Coffee.  I'd planned on making my own, but now I have to work through this set.

Then again, you can never have too many hot sauces.  That's one reason I like Firehouse Subs; I can try some different stuff from their sauce bar. 
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Louisiana Gold is my go to. There’s a red and a green bottle, I prefer the red bottle. This is NOT to be confused with Louisiana sauce that stuffs gross.
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,759 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Chipotle Tabasco is mighty tasty.  I have the regular, the habanero, and the chipotle at work and end up reaching for the chipotle most because it has the best taste, though it's the weakest in terms of spice.

I got a gallon jug of it from the Wife as a gift, but since it took me two years to use it up I decided to stick with the smaller bottles going forward.
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TX98Z28 said:
    Louisiana Gold is my go to. There’s a red and a green bottle, I prefer the red bottle. This is NOT to be confused with Louisiana sauce that stuffs gross.
    That's @MrsWylaff's favorite. We found some on sale a while ago ($.50 a bottle) and she bought the entire store out. I have a cabinet full of it now.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...