Home General Discussion

Question about AF hemingway

GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
I had a hemingway in the boat this weekend and noticed something I have noticed on other hemingways in the past. There was a thin white/clear film near the foot of the cigar that almost looked like some sort of glue. I have seen it in my stash of AF's but this particular stick came from a B&M so it can't be that uncommon. Do you guys know what that is? I have never seen it on any other sticks.

Comments

• docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Goldy:
    I had a hemingway in the boat this weekend and noticed something I have noticed on other hemingways in the past. There was a thin white/clear film near the foot of the cigar that almost looked like some sort of glue. I have seen it in my stash of AF's but this particular stick came from a B&M so it can't be that uncommon. Do you guys know what that is? I have never seen it on any other sticks.
    I've definitely seen what you are talking about before. I'm fairly certain it is just stray glue.
  • ironhorseironhorse Posts: 469
    I have actually seen that on more hemingways than anything else and by a good margin. Strange really. But it is probably stray pectin. Maybe because the vitola is difficult to make that they dont take any chances getting it to hold
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Schwing!
  • fuentejpsfuentejps Posts: 345
    hey where did our posts go.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    looks like the moderator has been watching. keeping it on the up and up.
  • GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    I have never seen a post get deleted