Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

BIG CONTEST - #$%^ CRA.P

Alright guys, you may remember a month or two back that Jsnake posted a contest asking people to sign up on Eddie Ortega's forum. There is a new contest on there, but this one is a bit more in depth. Jsnake isn't entering this one, so I don't feel bad tapping the resources here at Ccom.

If you guys go on cigarfriendly.com and add my cigar club, if I have the most members, I win cigars and swag! So, here's what to do:
Go to cigarfriendly.us and search for a club. enter in 93012 as the area code, and add my cigar club, Mike's House of the Leaf. That's it! Afterwards, post in this thread that you joined. If I win, I will draw 3 names like Jsnake did.
First Prize: Cigars! A BIG package of cigars.
Second Prize: Cigars! And a bonus.
Third Prize: A standard 3 cigar contest pack.

Be sure to post in the thread after, thanks guys!

DEADLINE: SEPTEMBER 3RD!
EDIT: SITE ISN'T WORKING, THANKS ANYWAY!

Comments

• Options
    JZJZ Posts: 827
    I may be blind but I cant find the search clubs option. can you elaborate?
  • Options
    ah my bad. I put the wrong website, it's cigarfriendly.us
  • Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Do we just hit the "Like" button? If that's all it takes, then I'm already in.
  • Options
    robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    wwhwang:
    Do we just hit the "Like" button? If that's all it takes, then I'm already in.
    I did the same... through facebook... i like it
  • Options
    you actually have to join the club, as in become a member. I believe you have to register with cigarfriendly.us to do so.
  • Options
    hey brotha, i registered as millennium115... there is a slight problem...it doesn't allow me to add spot or leave a comment...everytime i try to do that, it sends me to login, i login , then it seems like it goes around in a circle...keep login in , it wont allow me to add spot or leave comment...im trying brotha
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    I registered, signed in but the only thing I could do was add you as a friend. Was that what I was supposed to do? There's no option to "join the club".......
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    Alright, I'm became amember and hit "Like" so I think it looks like I'm the second one to do so
  • Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    surfingzeeko:
    Alright guys, you may remember a month or two back that Jsnake posted a contest asking people to sign up on Eddie Ortega's forum. There is a new contest on there, but this one is a bit more in depth. Jsnake isn't entering this one, so I don't feel bad tapping the resources here at Ccom.

If you guys go on cigarfriendly.com and add my cigar club, if I have the most members, I win cigars and swag! So, here's what to do:
    Go to cigarfriendly.us and search for a club. enter in 93012 as the area code, and add my cigar club, Mike's House of the Leaf. That's it! Afterwards, post in this thread that you joined. If I win, I will draw 3 names like Jsnake did.
    First Prize: Cigars! A BIG package of cigars.
    Second Prize: Cigars! And a bonus.
    Third Prize: A standard 3 cigar contest pack.

Be sure to post in the thread after, thanks guys!

DEADLINE: SEPTEMBER 3RD!

Added... registered ... wont let me log in like on Facebook... wont let me comment on the cigar freindly page? whats up with that?
  • Options
    I have joined!
  • Options
    t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    Ok I've hit the Like button so if thats it, I'm in.
  • Options
    JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
    Dang this site is buggy. I cant search for the life of me.
    "Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky
  • Options
    JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
    I cant see a join button for the club but i added you as afriend and liked it through facebook.
    "Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    I "liked it" as well. The facebook was james n gina.
  • Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    I registered and liked it. But there's no "Join Club" option on the site.
  • Options
    Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    ditto...signed up
  • Options
    Yeah the site has issues. I'm kinda bummed by it but o well. I will be sending out a package to one of you guys that tried to help out anyways.
  • Options
    I created an account shortly after you posted and it still says my account doesnt exist. Site does look like it has some good potential. Hopefully they'll work the bugs out.
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys have to sign in after signing up. We double checked everything on the site and it works fine. I saw this post a week ago and told them there was an issue. They checked and had other people check and you had to sign in after signing up to make everything work.
  • Options
    MrMokeMrMoke Posts: 321 ✭✭
    Snake, there's still something wrong with the site or with the club surfingzeeko wants us to join. I too, like others signed up some time ago right after the original post, I know I am signed in as it has my handle "MrMoke" in the top right of the window, but there is nowhere to "join" 'Mike's House of the Leaf", I tried a local club and they do have a 'join' link, so there may be something wrong with surfinzeekos page.

• Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh yeah maybe it is just that one club. I didn't specifically have him check that club. Was trying to help since I am friends with the guy running that website and you guys. Will tell him to check out that specific club.
  • Options
    i just tried to log in and keeps blanking out the username and password as if i didnt log in. I had password reset to no avail.
  • Options
    JZ:
    i just tried to log in and keeps blanking out the username and password as if i didnt log in. I had password reset to no avail.

hmmmmmmmm
  • Options
    There seems to be some confusion about the club contest. I wish someone would have contacted me through the contact form.

As JSnake mentioned, it was tested thoroughly. In fact, one club in the contest got over 14 new members to join the site and join the club.

I believe the biggest confusion here is that you asked people to do a zip code search and go to Mike's House of the Leaf. Zip code search returns locations added by using the "Add Spot" option. This location was created as a location, not as a local cigar club. Some locations are considered clubs in that they have a location, and only meet there. They should be added as a location, however should also be in the local clubs. Many clubs float from different shop to different bar.. This contest was for the section called "Cigar Clubs" -- http://www.cigarfriendly.us/clubs.asp. Which your location would qualify for, but should have been in both places.

Liking the location or commenting on the location did not qualify. In fact, all of the rules are here: http://cigarfriendly.us/blog/?p=26. That link also will show you where you can check to see if your club exists and how to create the club or join the club.

This is how a club page looks: http://cigarfriendly.us/club.asp?ClubID=10 .. you will see next to "C4 Cigar Club - (Marietta, GA)" it says "[JOIN THIS CLUB]".

I also did see a large number of new accounts that were not activated, but I know the activation is working, because I have newer ones that are. The site has over 700 registered members, each one that is activated from the email activation process can add a location, comment / rate, add a club, join a club, etc.

I can assure you from a lot of testing, the site is not buggy, it was simply being expected to do things it was not designed to do.
  • Options
    JZ:
    You should be able to log in now. Your account was never activated using the link in the activation email. I manually changed the status.
  • Options
    sboyajian:
    JZ:
    You should be able to log in now. Your account was never activated using the link in the activation email. I manually changed the status.
    Thank you for handling that, I just checked it and I can log in now. I joined your club, I know its late for the contest, but hey you won anyway!
  • Options
    surfingzeeko, as a sidenote, since so many people tried to support your club, I have decided to make you the second place winner. While it is not the boxes and swag, it will be a nice package regardless.

Please email me your address at stephen@cigarfriendly.us or PM me here and I will get it out immediately.
  • Options
    I thought I was going to scramble a nuke code trying to figure out how to join his club lol!
  • Options
    sboyajian:
    surfingzeeko, as a sidenote, since so many people tried to support your club, I have decided to make you the second place winner. While it is not the boxes and swag, it will be a nice package regardless. Please email me your address at stephen@cigarfriendly.us or PM me here and I will get it out immediately.
    Wow I really need to pay better attention on here lol. thank you and email incoming!