Cigar Bar etiquette

2»

Comments

• Options
    kos22uskos22us Posts: 47
    man ... your asking all the right questions, sorry i have no answers
  • Options
    ironhorseironhorse Posts: 469
    I have only been to cigars bars in NYC and all of them had a 5 dollar cutting fee policy for bringing your own. The nice thing was that since I don't drink alcohol, they allow me to bring my own beverages in from the outside. I usually buy a cigar there, because then I don't have to pay the cutting fee. I'd hate to pay to smoke my own cigar, so I'd rather pay to smoke someone elses stick and keep my stock full. I don't mind paying a little extra, go an get something nice and smoke in a good environment. It's always a vacation for me since I can only go there like 4 or 5 times a year. I feel bad though, I don't know how many of them will be left with this new NY tobacco tax. Seems like it would be horrible to be in their position right now.
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We have no cigar bars close to me. There are some by school, but at the end of the day, I'm ready to go home and I have over an hour's drive.

My only experience with a cigar bar is in Myrtle Beach. There is a cigar bar at the Blarney Pub and they sell cigars and you can bring in your own. It's a great place and it has a great ventilation system, terrific drinks and a very knowledgeable bartendress (also she is very easy on the eyes! Of course, I averted my glance as I was with my wife.)

There is supposed to be a great cigar bar in Buffalo, NY, but when I was up there a few months ago, we went all over trying to find it, only to find out it closed two years ago. Do any of the brothers from that area know of another one. I'm going back up in November and I like to stop in.
  • Options
    There are cigar bars, B&M shops that sell drinks, and then just B&M shops with no drinks. 1. Bars that sell cigars: I don't think they usually mind you bringing your own. 2. B&M that sell drinks: Back and forth, but you'd better be buying their drinks for sure. 3. Strictly B&M no drinks with a smoking area: Yeah get ready for a cutting fee, just like a corkage fee in a restaurant.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    And dont bust ass in the humidor.....
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Jetmech_63:
    I like the think that I'm "Infusing" the cigars!
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Lasabar:
    Jetmech_63:

Between that and your sig line i lost it....well played
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Jetmech_63:
    Lasabar:
    Jetmech_63:

Between that and your sig line i lost it....well played
    ;P