Home General Discussion

So....how many sticks per week?

I find that I smoke 2 or 3 a day. Am I screwed? ;+)

I do not smoke in the house or car. It feels like an instant vacation, setting aside the time to smoke a cigar outside on a nice day.

Comments

• Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    JY001:
    I find that I smoke 2 or 3 a day. Am I screwed?
    Youre not screwed! You're lucky:). I wish I could smoke that many. I average 4-5 a week but wish I could fit in more. Smoke on brother!
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    JY001:
    I find that I smoke 2 or 3 a day. Am I screwed?
    Only if you have a girlfriend or your wound smells like almonds....

As long as you are enjoying them, you are completely fine!
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I average only about 3-4 a week usually, but that just because I don't have time for more. Sometimes I'll get lucky and have 5 or 6 in a week but that is pretty rare. If I had the time and money to smoke 2 or 3 a day I damn sure would!
  • JY001JY001 Posts: 49
    No girlfriend as the wife wound probably not approve.

My wife is fine with my new full immersion hobby as long as she doesn't have to deal with the smoke. I stay outside.

I bought a couple of identical humidors and keep them in different rooms. I won't count her shoes and she won't count my cigars. I'm a lucky guy.

I'm retired and have the time.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    not many these days. I would like 5 or 6 but hell that's a lot of time not doing anything and right now I'm very busy. Hopefully soon I can sit back and enjoy.
  • docedwardsdocedwards Posts: 319
    Anywhere from 2-6 a week. I actually seem to enjoy them more when I can only find time for 2-3 a week. I don't ask my wife about her scrapbooking and she doesn't ask about my cigars.
  • JY001:
    I bought a couple of identical humidors and keep them in different rooms. I won't count her shoes and she won't count my cigars.
    Dang, this guy has it figured out!
  • As it stands now, I smoke 1 every 2 weeks or so. I have a very unsupportive wife who is having a tough time with my rekindled cigar hobby. But, I'm taking a trip with my dad soon to watch the petit le mans race and I'm planning on atleast 4 to 5 daily on that trip. Welcome to the forums JY!
  • Nick2021Nick2021 Posts: 938 ✭✭
    I smoke about 5-8 a week...usually smoke one every night to help "wind down." However, if I smoke something that doesn't appeal to me, I'll grab another one...
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    About 10 a week... One on the ride to work, one on the ride home.

• FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    0-5, no definitive schedule.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I usually only smoke on the weekends, and when I do, it can only get in maybe 3 or 4 at the most....but I'd have to say you're not screwed as long as your wallet is hurting! l

"Long ashes my friends."

• I'd say I'm prob gonna be stuck on the 2 a week mark maybe sneaking up to 3 or 4 here and there. Time and cash are both in short supply these days.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    3-5 a week depending.
  • cooch36cooch36 Posts: 714 ✭✭
    8-10 a wk miss a day here or there but will hit two or three on others.
  • Mon-Friday 1 a day. about 4 over the weekend. I did smoke 3-4 a day on the weekends, but found my pallet got wasted. So I try to keep it at 2 over the weekend.

I do smoke more if im herfing, or camping.
  • fuentejpsfuentejps Posts: 345
    2X A WEEK.
  • um...this last week I had 6....but other weeks I typically have 3-5.....each week is different....but I would say I do average 4 a week
  • KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    1 or 2 over the weekend usually. Unless I'm on vacation then one or two daily.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    At least three a week, sometimes as many as ten. Can't remember many times when I have had more than that.
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    That's classified. Too many though, at least from a budget point of view :)
  • wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Jesus. 2 or 3 sticks a day? I'm lucky if I get to smoke 2 a week! Short of driving out to the woods like some 16 year old on weed, I can't smoke anywhere without having to put up with people annoying me about smoking.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    During the summer, I will usually smoke 2-3 a day. I only smoke outside, so with winter coming, that number will drop drastically.
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    2-5 a week. But hunting season is here so maybe a few more for the next few months.
  • HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    I'd say 2-5 a week but with the way work has been might be less :(
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    4-7 depending. I almost never smoke more than one in a day though.
  • jship079jship079 Posts: 621
    I smoke 1to 7 my work schedule changes often so if I am working second shift I almost never smoke when I get home. I work day light all summer and the weather is nice so almost always 7.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    At my old job I had 2 or 3 guys to smoke cigars with and before the previous owner passed he didn't care how much we smoked as long as we did our jobs. That meant I smoked an average of 2-3 a day or 12-15 per week.

Fast forward to present day and my current job with a smoke-free work place and being the only cigar smoker plus working 12 hour shifts usually 5-6 days a week and 5-6 hours at least every other Sunday. I am lucky sometimes to get in 1-2 a week. Sometimes don't even find the time for one in a week !!!