Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Diesel Unlimited

Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
Would love to hear your feedback on this brand. Please let me know from anyone who has had a chance to smoke.

Comments

• Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have seen some information on them but haven't had one yet. I was on the fence with the first Diesel. To be fair I only smoked one and have a few resting. I will be checking thess out and look forward to hearing if anyone has tried them yet.
  • Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    I have several headed my way this week, will let you know Sir.
  • Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Just bought a few! I'll let you know when they get here :)
  • Options
    JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
    Same here!
    "Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    24 on the way!!! 6X60 BAAAAAAAAAMMMMMM
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    I have some on the way.
  • Options
    MrMokeMrMoke Posts: 321 ✭✭
    Alex Svenson:
    Would love to hear your feedback on this brand. Please let me know from anyone who has had a chance to smoke.

Kelly set me up thid Saturday, I'll be glad to let you know what i think but i let anything i buy (unless it;s at a B&M where i can see that it has been well cared for, but nevertheless when i get sticks home they will sit and rest for 90 days prior to smoking. I'll tell you O really like the Dieselm Unholy cocktail, have an impending delivery of shorty's and think am gonna like the unlimited, but it's gona be 3 months before I burn thisae babies, sorrry, just don't trust sticks sitting in heat and humidity at this time of year, via po delivery, or anyone els efor that matter.

• Options
    RampMonkeyRampMonkey Posts: 1,808
    Alex Svenson:
    Well if ya have afew to shoot our way, we'd be happy to give ya some feed back alex. HA, just messing w/ya. Would be happy to give some input once mine arrive.
  • Options
    GarheadGarhead Posts: 41
    Plan on smoking one right OTT this afternoon (Tues 09/07/10) to get first impressions!!
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    I was gifted one over the weekend, it is in the rotation for this week.
  • Options
    zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    was hoping to get a shipping confirmation on mine today, but the day ain't over yet.
  • Options
    So I had my first Diesel Unlimited beli right off the truck. Wow, this cigar has incredible aging potential. Nice sheen to the wrapper. Densely packed, firm in hand. Nice wrapper. Started off spicy, earthy and lleathery. Then hit the 1/2 way mark with some ammonia (of course), but could still taste the flavors, last 1/3rd spice settled down and still had some of those nice earthy/leathery undertones. I'd say after 2-3 months this will be a killer cigar. Can't wait to try another after a month or so to see how much it's changed.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Garhead:
    So I had my first Diesel Unlimited beli right off the truck. Wow, this cigar has incredible aging potential. Nice sheen to the wrapper. Densely packed, firm in hand. Nice wrapper. Started off spicy, earthy and lleathery. Then hit the 1/2 way mark with some ammonia (of course), but could still taste the flavors, last 1/3rd spice settled down and still had some of those nice earthy/leathery undertones. I'd say after 2-3 months this will be a killer cigar. Can't wait to try another after a month or so to see how much it's changed.
    I wonder if a lot of these cigars have the ammonia taste to them? Seems like they should have done a better job of letting them sit before sending out.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrel:
    Garhead:
    I wonder if a lot of these cigars have the ammonia taste to them? Seems like they should have done a better job of letting them sit before sending out.
    That's my finance's litmus test to see if I had a bad cigar. If my breath smells like cat pee she knows I didn't like it :)
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    TheDrifter:
    phobicsquirrel:
    Garhead:
    That's my finance's litmus test to see if I had a bad cigar. If my breath smells like cat pee she knows I didn't like it :)

Thats what you get for licking the cats ass trying to get the taste of the bad cigar out of your mouth :)
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Jetmech_63:
    TheDrifter:
    phobicsquirrel:
    Garhead:

Thats what you get for licking the cats ass trying to get the taste of the bad cigar out of your mouth :)
    lol, probably licked more than the ass!!! hehe..
  • Options
    I should have known better haha :D
  • Options
    LeftFiveLeftFive Posts: 184 ✭✭
    Alex, any idea when more of these might be coming in? I was gonna toss a few 6x60s in with my DD order today, and the pickings are pretty slim already.
  • Options
    Fear not, a new shipment is on my loading dock and should be in stock tomorrow!!
  • Options
    I have not gotten too many young qualities from this cigar. They had 45 days in the aging room in Nicaragua for sure. Like most cigars, always best to let them rest in humi. Perhaps sitting in a hot truck upset them a bit. I have been plowing trough about 3 of these a day lately.
  • Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Just got my shipment info last night! However, it's been shipped through UPS and I have wait almost another week to get them...I hate UPS.
  • Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    Alex Svenson:
    I have not gotten too many young qualities from this cigar. They had 45 days in the aging room in Nicaragua for sure. Like most cigars, always best to let them rest in humi. Perhaps sitting in a hot truck upset them a bit. I have been plowing trough about 3 of these a day lately.
    Well I'll let mine rest a week or two then try them again... the one I smoked today felt a little under par.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrel:
    Garhead:
    YES....they're still slightly green. The box the packaging date of 8/20/10, so they're still premature. They still need lots of rest. Bought a hygrometer with the shipment and it said 95 degrees when I unwrapped it OTT and I ordered them this past Friday. Won't break out another until the end of September to get more flavor notes. I'm sure Alex has had a few that HAS been sitting around for a month or so in ideal conditions, so of course they'll taste better ;-b Considering these were blended and rolled just a few months ago, one would think by the end of this year this batch should be fuggin' awesome.
  • Options
    wwhwang:
    Just got my shipment info last night! However, it's been shipped through UPS and I have wait almost another week to get them...I hate UPS.
    That's what's great about being so close to ccom headquarters/warehouse in Northern VA, I get them next day pretty much all the time UPS! USPS will take an extra day or two. And yes, ordered them from the sister because they had them available first and I got free shipping on the deal....but that doesn't mean I wouldn't buy them from ccom on a good deal in the future! I know both ccom and CI have the same parent company, and know both Alex and Steve (over at CI) had a hand in blending and tasting this particular cigar back in the late spring this year with AJ in Nicaragua. Either way win win for us cigar smokers.
  • Options
    Well, I ordered up a box of the 7x58 size the day they were available. I got them last Fri and I fired one up Fri evening.

The first inch or so was very peppery, then it mellowed out a bit. A friend of mine and I were each having one and kept sayig to each other that we did not think it was stronger than the Original by any means. After about 2 more inches this thing came on strong!! flavors kicked in big time and we started feeling it for sure!

Mine burned nice and even the whole way through. It lasted us about 2hours and 20min and we both usually smoke pretty quick. I think they could definitely stand resting some more, but I still liked it alot OTT.

I am not experienced enough to point of specific flavors I was getting, I could definitely tell it was like an org Diesel though but kicked up a notch once it got about half way.

jamie
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Just got my order of 3 Belicosos a few minutes ago. I don't have the time to smoke one now, but maybe later tonight.
  • Options
    Had a unlimited belicoso last night. The first pull I thought somebody took a syringe full of novacaine and injected it into the back of my throat. Signs of things to come with this cigar? NO WAY!

What a fantastic cigar. I tried to put some other cigars I liked up to this one finding a way to describe it but couldn't. It was a mixture of several of my favorites... it had the spicy smell I associate with LFD cigars, tasted like a richer diesel with very hearty flavors. I likened it to a mixture of an airbender, diesel, and an AB Tempus.

Really good cigar.
  • Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Got some in last night. Really weird thing happened. The D.7s somehow got water in the open end of the cello. Don't think the humipillow burst because the other sticks were ok. Fortunately, the water didn't appear to get into the cigar much so I'm just going to let these sit for a bit.
  • Options
    I had another one today to see if my own hype was worthy. I enjoyed it just as much...getting another box seeing how well the first box of regular diesels came around. What willpower I have.
  • Options
    I have now had 3 of these and they have all 3 been great in my opinion! quality burn, plenty of smoke, awesome flavor