Home General Discussion

Hurricane Badge

GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
Thats right boys, I just punched my hurricane badge with the remains of Earl while sitting under a tarp smoking a Perdomo 1991 Maduro. I had a few issues with tunneling since the humidity is 150% but it was a very enjoyable and memorable experience. I should see if my wife could actually make a badge.

Comments

• bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    You got Earl out in Minnesota? Holy crap!
  • HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    bigharpoon:
    lmao I do believe Goldy is moonlighting out near Nova Scotia?
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    bigharpoon:
    its a really big storm.....
  • DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    I am in Ottawa and the winds here are very strong, rain came through yesterday...
  • GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    bigharpoon:
    I'm in Labrador City for the next few months. I guess the eye was a couple hundred miles away but the storm was freaking huge.
  • badge54fdbadge54fd Posts: 241
    Lost my gazebo to Earl yesterday... Now I will have to smoke under the sky

On a brighter note, now I get to go pick out a bigger gazebo for next year.

• AdcuriumAdcurium Posts: 179 ✭✭
    I wasted a large part of my week getting ready for Earl. I live on the water and in the past I spent a few weekends fishing my patio furniture and recylcying bins out of the bay. So in anticpation of Earl I spent about 3 or 4 hours zip-tying my patio furniture to the deck and adding lines to my sailboat. And when all was said and done, Earl was a non-event. In fact, when I was making my deck hurricane-proof, I put an empty Gatorade bottle on the deck railing (one of those small, 20 ounce bottles) and forgot about it After the hurricane (or whatever you want to call it), the bottle was STILL sitting on the railing. My mother-in-law blows harder than Earl did.
  • pnaylonpnaylon Posts: 214
    Man I didnt know there was a hurricane badge! I live in New Orleans, I should probably get crackin on that!
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Hurricane badge?? lol, that's awesome

"Long ashes my friends."

• fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    I will obtain mine before the season is over, heck I have smoked through several tropical storms
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    We didn't get more than a few clouds and not a drop of rain from Earl. Too bad, because we could hae used it.