Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Rocky Patel 15th Anniversary

Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
I cant post a full review as I smoked a robusto on the fly the other night but I thought it was worth writing about. I was not taken back by a ton of new releases at the show this year, but RP 15th was one I liked. This was the first one I have burned since the show. Had some slight draw and burn problems but the flavor was very interesting. It was balanced but really lit up the sides of my palate where the salt and acidic sensory resides. The smoke was heavy and complex with some really meaty qualities to it. I will try to give you guys a full review at some point but a great cigar that is worth checking out. Because of the senseless rules some vendors put in place, I cant sell these online but if you guys are looking for any, we do stock them if you call us.

Comments

• Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I actually smoked the RP 15th Toro back on Monday, and I have to say I really liked it. It is def a full bodied smoke, smooth and good flavor. Mine burned perfectly all the way down and the wrapper looked great. It was box pressed and the wrapper was smooth as silk. The creamy smoke left notes of nuts and toast on my palette. Towards the middle and end of the cigar, I started to pick up some nice cedar notes. The draw was a tad on the firm side for a RP, but it still delivered lots rich and creamy smoke.

I know Rocky said it was like the Decade but up a couple of notches, but it reminded me more of the RP Olde World Reserve maduro. I believe these sticks have good aging potential, so I am thinking about buying a box of these in the future.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Posts: 728
    Alex Svenson:
    I cant post a full review as I smoked a robusto on the fly the other night but I thought it was worth writing about. I was not taken back by a ton of new releases at the show this year, but RP 15th was one I liked. This was the first one I have burned since the show. Had some slight draw and burn problems but the flavor was very interesting. It was balanced but really lit up the sides of my palate where the salt and acidic sensory resides. The smoke was heavy and complex with some really meaty qualities to it. I will try to give you guys a full review at some point but a great cigar that is worth checking out. Because of the senseless rules some vendors put in place, I cant sell these online but if you guys are looking for any, we do stock them if you call us.

That says alot. You guys seemed to be blown away last year by new releases.... and it seemed true with everything that came out. I havent noticed you guys raving about new stuff this time around.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Alex Svenson:
    Interesting. I may have to check this one out, though I don't usually smoke RP cigars except the 1990. BTW did you happen to smoke the LFD solomone maduro? I can't remember if it was at the show or not. Thanks for the review of the RP 15th.
  • Options
    Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    NYHCx516x:
    Alex Svenson:

That says alot. You guys seemed to be blown away last year by new releases.... and it seemed true with everything that came out. I havent noticed you guys raving about new stuff this time around.
    There were a few. San Miguel, RP 15th, La Aurora 107, Alec Bradley Tempus Maduro... but that about rounds it out. Of course San Lotano. AJ is also doing a new line called Ave Maria that was pretty ****.
  • Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Alex Svenson:
    NYHCx516x:
    Alex Svenson:

There were a few. San Miguel, RP 15th, La Aurora 107, Alec Bradley Tempus Maduro... but that about rounds it out. Of course San Lotano. AJ is also doing a new line called Ave Maria that was pretty ****.
    Ave Maria? One more brand to put on my wishlist...and it's a great song.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    I would love to smoke a pretty ****!
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    I wasn't blown away by the 15th Anniv. It was definitely a powerhouse of a smoke for you full-bodied fans, but flavor wise, there wasn't much going on there...... I'll have to revisit one soon.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    lilwing88:
    I wasn't blown away by the 15th Anniv. It was definitely a powerhouse of a smoke for you full-bodied fans, but flavor wise, there wasn't much going on there...... I'll have to revisit one soon.
    What vitola did u have? IMO the toro seems to be the better vitola.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Krieg:
    lilwing88:
    What vitola did u have? IMO the toro seems to be the better vitola.
    I had the Corona Gorda..... Might have to try the Toro.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Interesting to see some guys enjoying this one. I may consider revisiting this one someday.
  • Options
    I bought the Torpedo last week, might try and smoke it tonight after dinner. If' I'm not too tired, I might actually do a in depth review on it.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    Hey Chris do they sell these @ TW?
  • Options
    Hayblet:
    Hey Chris do they sell these @ TW?
    Yeah, that's where I bought my first one. It was the toro vitola. They also sell them at my local cigar bar, if u want me to pick u up some, just let me know.

"Long ashes my friends."