FINALLY

kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
something we can all agree on:
THIS GUY is an IDIOT.
FOX news story about the Vatican calling this action "outrageous"
Bill Clinton calls plan to burn Quran 'disgraceful act'
Palin: Koran burning is 'unnecessary provocation'
Eric Holder calls Rev. Terry Jones' 'International Burn-a-Koran Day' 'idiotic'

just because you have the right to be an idiot, doesnt mean you should.

conservatives and liberals all agree that this is in poor taste and stupid.
at least he brought the nation together about SOMETHING.

Comments

• phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Yeah. I was hoping that this guy would have been ignored, but no, he's got to be all over the tv. sucks really but this bigot is nuts. apparently in Germany he was kicked out. He's a nut.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    He's a nut.
    well said my squirrely friend.
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    He has a congregation of 50... He's in it for the publicity. He obviously cares about nothing else.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Total idiot and if the media would ignore him it would be a non issue. He is within his rights to do it even if is stupid. He is no bigger a jerk than the Imam running for office in Afghanistan who claims he will tell all his followers to kill every American because of it and I hear no condemnation of him from anyone
  • Agreed... US government is crying foul here...but...remember when a bunch of Bibles were sent to the mideast for soldiers and US personnel burned them? Where was the outrage from our government then? They burned them themselves.
  • LeftFiveLeftFive Posts: 184 ✭✭
    Maybe it'll rain that day.
  • Hawk55Hawk55 Posts: 846
    jet...I don't see your point???? This guy is an idiot and he will be putting the lives of Americans at risk of retaliation from radical Muslims. How does Bible burning by US personnel tie into this...(albeit this was a wrong act as well...)
  • Right or Wrong..he has the RIGHT to do so.. Mosque at Ground Zero..Right or Wrong they have the RIGHT to build it.. Those who say the Mosque should be built near ground zero cannot cry foul. People burn our Flag all the time...they don't get national coverage. I by no means am agreeing with this man..in fact I think it's rediculous that he is putting on this show. However, I am getting sick and tired of people fighting for our RIGHTS, and then selectively choosing which rights to ignore, when it's in their interest. Steps off box. Continue good sirs :)
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Well I was proud to see that the AP and Fox News will not cover this idiot burning the Koran. They will show no images or video of the event. I hope other news agencies follow along and do the same. Yes he has the right to do this, IF he is not violating any city ordinance about open burning in the city limits, but he is an idiot and is sinking to the same level as the people is trying to get back at.
    I am also growing very tired of the Muslim world threatening to kill everyone every time something doesn't go the way they want it to go. They only reinforce the image that they are a bunch of stoneage buffoons who only know how to kill and destroy everything they find distasteful.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    So dude called it off... Now I'm hating the b?tch for being a quitter. Wink [;)]

• jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I particularly like the idea of burying a pig at the site where they want to put the mosque and even going so far as to sprinkle pig blood around on the ground. From what I'm reading, they won't have anything to do with soil that's contaminated by anything to do with pigs.

Marty

fla-gypsy:
    I am also growing very tired of the Muslim world threatening to kill everyone every time something doesn't go the way they want it to go. They only reinforce the image that they are a bunch of stoneage buffoons who only know how to kill and destroy everything they find distasteful.
    They are a bit sensitive if you ask me... But yes this guy is a nut. If gen. patreaus.. however you spell his name hadn't blabbed about it I think this wouldn't have been such a huge issue. I remember hearing about this a few weeks ago but it was in passing. I think our troops are in bigger danger from predator drones killing groups of civilians or these **** contractors doing horrible things while working for the US. Burning these books is just a slap in the face.
    jlmarta:
    I particularly like the idea of burying a pig at the site where they want to put the mosque and even going so far as to sprinkle pig blood around on the ground. From what I'm reading, they won't have anything to do with soil that's contaminated by anything to do with pigs.

Marty

You reminded me of something from history that I must look up, seems like it was in the Phillipines during a Muslim uprising. I will revisit this again and report back
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whatta Wackadoo!
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • I was referring to the outrage that the government has over the burning of the quran while it sat idly by and said nothing of the Bibles being burned. Selective outrage.
  • VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    This is why I gave up religion----well not the only reason obviously. Its about press and money, not this so called god character. Nothing has caused so much happiness and hope as god, granted, but this is another example how no character has spawned so much hate either. All this said.....What an incredible non-issue and pointless story this no talent whack off is. About as news worthy as Paris Hilton shoving those drugs in places that only addicts and STDs are usually welcome.
    I thought it was really interesting after hearing this wacko's press conference that he would stop the burning if the rec center is moved from the so called ground zero location. I hope he doesn't get them to move it, it would symbolize something very wrong. I was hoping this bigot was going to go and do this then have his fire put out by the fire department then get arrested for a massive burning without a permit. that would be sweet.
    btw this guy is the very thing wrong with religion, some ahole thinking they can do whatever they want as long as they say it's what god says or what not. What is even sicker is that the Muslim guy who is the go-between said a bunch of nice things about this guy. wtf!!