Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Saturday Morning at Work, again (AKA, my 9/11 post)

Sitting alone here at work this morning again, making up time for being out sick this week. Today is always rough on me. I live (and have for 7 years) in Wisconsin now, but was born and raised in Brooklyn NY, and shall be a new yorker at heart till the day they put me in the ground. I was in NY 9 years ago today, and it still shakes me to this day. I dont want to get political. Just want to have a moment of rememberance for those lost. Average new yorkers. Police. And fireman who are the heroes of this country. I lost count of the number of fireman I thanked in the days after. Is shook the kid in me to see fireman crying. I know many people who thank our armed forces when they pass them in the street, as do I, but I always go out of my way now to thank firemen.

Ill also say that this site is probably the only one ill visit today. Facebook, cnn, and all the regular visits of mine are littered with images i still just cant look at.

Thank you guys, thanks to the men and women overseas in uniform, and thanks to the men and women here at home putting people you dont know over yourselves when you run into a burning building.

Comments