Home General Discussion
Options

Done - Brazilian Cherry Humidor

This one was built for capacity....

20" x 14" x 12"
6 - Half Trays - four levels counting the bottom...
480 Count

Sold for $471.50 plus shipping

Comments

• Options
    Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Posts: 692 ✭✭✭
    Gorgeous! VERY well done. :D
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Smoke=Fire:
    Gorgeous! VERY well done. :D
    yeah, great work.
  • Options
    RampMonkeyRampMonkey Posts: 1,808
    job well done, great looking piece!
  • Options
    Nick2021Nick2021 Posts: 938 ✭✭
    that is great work there! Have you ever done cabinets before or considering it?
  • Options
    WOW! All I can say is.....WOW!
  • Options
    So Nice !
  • Options
    That's nice work dude!
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    As always, that is absolutely gorgeous.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Very nice work! One question I have, your capacity, is it like most humidors based on the corona size? Or do factor it in differently? Again, beautiful!
  • Options
    Lasabar:
    Very nice work! One question I have, your capacity, is it like most humidors based on the corona size? Or do factor it in differently? Again, beautiful!
    I calculate the capacity much the same as the commercial humidor vendors... 100 cigars for every 700 cubic inches... (overall)... in this case, 20*14*12 = 3360 cubic inches.... 3360/7 = 480. Corona is the standard and this does not take in to consideration anything else (trays) taking up any of the real estate....

The trays are typically divided out by available space. I made the bottom tray slightly larger to accommodate some boxes....

On this one, the bottom level is 2.25" and 4 of the six trays are 2.25" and the two of the trays are 3.25".... there was 10" of useable space inside... the lid takes away 1.5" and the bottom panel & it's groove take another 1/2"... so you lose 2" off the height right off the bat....

Some of the smaller boxes usually wind up with 1.5" trays...
  • Options
    Gorgeous piece of work WM. I'm so glad you're back on the forums and posting these things. Truly they're all works of art and I can't wait to own one (someday).