Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

I Need An Artist - Trade Stogies??? UPDATED

HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
Ok, so JoeyJoe and Ozzie are probably tired of hearing me talk about it, but I'm seriously on the hunt for some new ink. I have a LOT of real estate on my back that needs fillin, and I'm in need of a good artist! In this case, I just mean a drawing artist, not an actual tattoo artist (unless Alien pops up and wants to jet his UFO out here!). For those of you who might say "Go to a tattoo shop", I don't have the scratch for the ink yet, and I've yet to find a tat artist that will spend the kind of time I want on the artistic creation, at least without being paid up front.

So if there's anybody on here that has some hidden talent in drawing - and I mean serious talent, not just sketchwork...I'm looking for real art here - and might be interested in trading for some sticks (I'm willing to put out serious stick-age for this guys), hit me up eh?
¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨

Comments

• Options
    lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    whats the theme and size?
  • Options
    Theme is rather yet-to-be-determined... I have some elements in mind, a couple of them integral, but what I'd really like is someone that is capable and interested in developing a unique art piece. Size is substantial - it's my back, shoulders, and upper arms - and I'm a BIG dude.

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    let me know what your looking for and ill come up with something.
  • Options
    Pm to ya bud

• Options
    Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    That's gonna be tough without a general theme. I'm curious as to any ideas you might have in mind.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    I just PMed ya
  • Options
    PM to ya Lassy, and Rob: If you send me your email, I can forward you some images and ideas that I was tossing around..

• Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Replied
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    send a PM to These Filthy Hands. not only is he an art major, and an amazing artist, he has an eye for tattoos. the ink he has is pretty amazing.
  • Options
    TO ALL THE GUYS WHO PM'D ME:

I've darn near come up with a full theme now (sorry...my mind has been going apeshit about this for the past several days, to the point of having serious difficulty sleeping). I'm nixing the rocks, but adding a lot else... Hit me up if you're still interested! And I'd love to see if anybody's come up with something already..

• Options
    Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    PM'd you a couple days ago.
  • Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    Word to the Hays Man, Tattoo artists, Any Real ones or Good Ones, Are totally turned off by someone bringing in there OWN ART. There has to be the Dream, the theme and the Trust in the Artist to tattoo it. Its part of the deal, What are these artists wanting up front.. I think going rate is around 20% o what the estimate may be, There are not many Artist or Tattoo artist that are Truly worth what they think they are, that's a Fact... Kat Von D for instance wants around 3500.00 for a 9 inch Portrait... That's INSANE. I have an award winning .. Many awards ... Portrait i invested 1000.00 in. Kat quoted me 3700.00 bucks, Bob Tyrell... 3000.00 Marty Holcomb did mine he is arguably considered one of the greatest Tattoo artist EVER.. with literally 100's of awards and Tattoo artist of the year several years by tattoo magazine, Other so Called Portrait artist don't do worthy work.
    "Good Tattoos are not CHEAP,CHEAP Tattoos are not good"
    Marty Holcomb