Home General Discussion
Options

#51 Build - Maple & Walnut Humidor

This will be a fun one to build. My client wanted me to find a piece of light colored wood with its prominent natural mineral stain.... and then wrap it around the box.... I think we can do that with this piece....

I currently am treating a couple of knot holes with epoxy... this helps maintain the integrity and the beauty of the knot hole....

She's going to be 26" x 13" x 9" and should be right at 435 count humidor....

Stay tuned for more!!!!

Comments

• Options
    Very interested to see how this one comes out with that knotty board there.
  • Options
    agreed
  • Options
    This is going to be a fun one.... I had to sacrifice some wood on the end to get this piece "front & center".... but, I think I made it happen.... phew!

I decided to run a cove down the center of the base molding..... I'm glad I did.

• Options
    I couldn't resist (trying) to cut the splines to match the angle of the featured grain on the front of this humidor. I was going for the angle where it starts to peak on the right side..... so far, so good!!!

• Options
    Sol1821Sol1821 Posts: 707 ✭✭
    this looks awsoome.
    just out of interest as at the moment i couldnt afford one of your pieces of art, but do you think you could make a humi with this sort of affect??
    thats my gun and the pic doesnt really do it justice.
    its made with like a laminate and then shaped. and where it curves it looks awsome.
    i was thinking like an egg shaped humi but with a flat base and then when you open it up you get storage a bit like this