Home Cigar 101
Options

Reattaching Cigar bands?

If I wanted to do that, what glue
Could I use safely?

Comments

• Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Same glue you use for gluing a cigar back together if it unravels - vegetable glue
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try pectin. You can get it at the supermarket. It's used in canning vegetables, jellies, jams, etc. You can get it in powder form and I believe in liquid form, as well.

Marty

• Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    xmacro:
    Same glue you use for gluing a cigar back together if it unravels - vegetable glue
    Also called pectin.

• Options
    JY001JY001 Posts: 49
    Thanks guys.
  • Options
    Another natural substance you can use for gluing some things is raw eggwhite. I haven't tried it on cigars so I don't know how it would react during the burning process but it works wonderfully well for such things as gluing the flap back down on an envelope that's been steamed open because you forgot to insert the check in the envelope when paying a bill and don't want to waste the already-addressed envelope of the postage stamp you've already stuck on it.

Marty

• Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    jlmarta:
    Another natural substance you can use for gluing some things is raw eggwhite. I haven't tried it on cigars so I don't know how it would react during the burning process but it works wonderfully well for such things as gluing the flap back down on an envelope that's been steamed open because you forgot to insert the check in the envelope when paying a bill and don't want to waste the already-addressed envelope of the postage stamp you've already stuck on it.

Marty

LOL..... Alzheimer's settling in Marty???
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    Ya think????

Marty

• Options
    Sometimers!
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    I just picture my cigar smelling like IHOP when it hits the Egg-White
  • Options
    KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    JY001:
    If I wanted to do that, what glue Could I use safely?
    Curious. Why would you want to do that???
  • Options
    KCW:
    JY001:
    Because than every cigar I smoke would be a OPUS X!!!
  • Options
    KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    Lasabar:
    KCW:
    JY001:
    Because than every cigar I smoke would be a OPUS X!!!
    Ahhhh. I see.. (Or at least every cigar you gift is an Opus X)
  • Options
    I've got 100 sticks without bands. I'm a bit ****, but have decided that it's too much work to be worth it. I labeled that trays instead.
  • Options
    JY001:
    I've got 100 sticks without bands. I'm a bit ****, but have decided that it's too much work to be worth it. I labeled that trays instead.
    Did you take the bands all off? Or are the ISOMs that shipped without the bands but in a separate package?
  • Options
    Edited
  • Options
    JY001:
    Lasabar:
    JY001:
    Did you take the bands all off? Or are the ISOMs that shipped without the bands but in a separate package?
    Separate package
    OOOOOOOO! You Embargo Queen!