Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Something else, wrapped in bacon

Bacon wrapped brats with cheese inserted in the middle. TRY IT!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Try marinated crab meat wrapped in bacon.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    NICE!!! Bout damn time we had another bacon thread.

I like Bacon wrapped around seasoned mushrooms, skewered and put on the grill!
  • Options
    Recipe is stolen from a good friend of mine who I'm sure won't mind the good BOTLs here using it. He calls them ABTs (Atomic Buffalo Turds) and they're jalapeno peppers stuffed with sausage and cheese, wrapped in bacon and then smoked.

DE-LIC-OUS.

For true atomic flavor you can use habaneros.....also very tasty, but MUCH more heat ;)
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    This is my version, a sausage dog stuffed with onion and green pepper, wrapped in bacon and ready for the grill. ABT's are common fare for those of us who smoke meat as a pastime also. image
  • Options
    pnaylonpnaylon Posts: 214
    Down in southern louisiana we do fried bacon-wrapped shrimp! That some good stuff!

• Options
    MrMokeMrMoke Posts: 321 ✭✭
    pnaylon:
    Down in southern louisiana we do fried bacon-wrapped shrimp! That some good stuff!

I agree. It's my understanding that gulf shirimp are born wrapped in a slice of bacon, therefore cooking them in it is mandatory.

• Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Oh! Try herbed crab cakes wrapped in bacon and butter.
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    doromath:
    Recipe is stolen from a good friend of mine who I'm sure won't mind the good BOTLs here using it. He calls them ABTs (Atomic Buffalo Turds) and they're jalapeno peppers stuffed with sausage and cheese, wrapped in bacon and then smoked.

I'll bet it's hard to keep 'em lit, though.....

Marty

• Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    We have chicken fried Bacon here. Top that. Oh, and won't the parents object to stuffing thier brats with Bacon?
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    cabinetmaker:
    We have chicken fried Bacon here. Top that. Oh, and won't the parents object to stuffing thier brats with Bacon?
    I give my son all the bacon he can eat. Well, not really, but if he wants it we usually have it. I'm just happy to see him eat something.

One time, about 2 years ago, he came up to me and pulled a piece of bacon out of his diaper and offered it to me. I smiled at him, and said "No thanks, you enjoy it". In retrospect, it wouldn't have been that bad if we had been having bacon that day.

• Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    jlmarta:
    doromath:

Marty

ba-ZING!
  • Options
    jship079jship079 Posts: 621
    other than the obvious filet mignon I like the h'orderves chicken liver wrapped in bacon
  • Options
    Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Down here in Texas we make armadillo eggs. It's jalape
  • Options
    firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    Bacon wrapped dove brest smoked on the BBQ.
  • Options
    One2gofstOne2gofst Posts: 583
    Mine is kind of similar to what others have mentioned, but different enough that I'll still post it. I take jalapenos, and slit them down the side. When I am making them for heat sensitive people I make extra sure to get all the seeds and membranes, otherwise, I pull the middle, but whatever stays in there is fine with me. Take cream cheese and put a good amount in there then shove a shrimp in there. Wrap it all up in bacon, using a toothpick to secure it and grill it.

I prefer to use pretty large jalapenos, as it really works best with nice Colossals for the shrimp, but it can work with any size. just when you get really small you have a hard time getting any cheese in there with the shrimp.

I do these on the grill. I was dubious the first time I tried it, as I thought the cream cheese would melt out and be useless, but it really doesn't. I do let everything set up for a few hours in the fridge before i grill them.

Be careful though, if you are making a bunch for a big party and please wear gloves. I did a huge batch fora party and and forewent the gloves. After I spent a couple hours making the batch, my fingers started to burn and burn they did for a couple days. The second day wasn't really that bad, just knew it was there, but the first day it was ungodly.

Sometime I want to try these but replace the shrimp with squid, which I think would be most excellent.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Since were on the topic of jalapenos and bacon....
    Try taking a package of softened cream cheese and mixing in a dry package of hidden valley ranch dressing mix, Pipe it(i put it in a baggie and snip of a corner) into jalapenos with the white center removed, wrap in bacon, secure with toothpick and grill. I use a rack designed for rilling poppers but you can also get creative with foil to prop em up a bit so the cream cheese doesnt drain out, which even layin on their side isnt too much of a problem. Taste is outta this world and it soooo easy!
  • Options
    zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    jlmarta:
    doromath:

Marty

Beat me to it... I was wondering which end to light.
  • Options
    I might try wrapping myself in bacon to see if I would be as tasty as everything else...