Home General Discussion
Options

All Hail the Beard Once again

Just another Pat on the Back to the Cigar.Com Customer Service once again above and beyond anywhere i have ever dealt with. Had an Issue with a recent order coming to me with the Humi pack way over filled and it soaked several of the new Diesel Unlimiteds they are drying out hopefully they will smoke fine .. But Tim checked into it and sent me replacements and I didnt ask for any just gave him the heads up about the Humi Pillow........ WHAT A GUY!
ALL HAIL THE BEARD!

Comments

• Options
    thats funny...u got a over filled pillow....in my last order...i didnt get a pillow at all....i was kinda shocked to be honest but its all good
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    The Beard is ever so generous! Reminds me of when my order got accidentally sent to Stephen Hannibal as I had bombed him from CCOM on my last order before that. All I did was email Tim to get my shipping addy changed back and he sent me the full order after! Even after I said it was no biggie about the smokes and that I was happy that if I didn't get them that a very deserving BORK got them!
  • Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    Joeyjoe21_8:
    thats funny...u got a over filled pillow....in my last order...i didnt get a pillow at all....i was kinda shocked to be honest but its all good

Yeah well CCOM Ships pretty quick if you order the first of the week and when the weather isnt 100 degrees here a humi pillow really isnt too bicg of a deal but this pillow was like the size of a golf ball..... Crazy! Not sure what happened.
  • Options
    I agree that Tim is tremendous. He's thrown in extra's whenever I've ordered with him, and he's always willing to give a great deal on an item.

Having said that, and I'm not saying this to be a douche, but the situation above is just Customer Service 101. If a customer writes to you and says that the cigars were soaked in transit, of course you'll send new cigars and make it right. Cigar.com is a step above the other cigar sites with customer service - and I know that with over a decade of online cigar purchases under my belt - but almost every other site would've replaced the cigars in this case.
  • Options
    wow....seriously...this is not the first time u made a comment about customer service 101.....if redtail had major issues they would have been replaced....but he didnt....so i gotta ask...why always butting in withthe harsh 101 comments?
  • Options
    Joeyjoe21_8:
    wow....seriously...this is not the first time u made a comment about customer service 101.....if redtail had major issues they would have been replaced....but he didnt....so i gotta ask...why always butting in withthe harsh 101 comments?
    Honestly, this is the first time I can recall making any comment about customer service 101. I just took a quick peek at my posts dating back to June and didn't see anything even close. But if I ordered cigars and they came "soaked" due to overfilled humipacks, I'd consider that major enough to want a replacement, and I'd think that most vendors would comply. That's all I'm saying, and I don't consider it to be harsh. It's not like I'm criticizing Tim, or anyone at CCOM, because they handled it the way it should have been handled.

As I said, I agree that Tim is great. I've placed more orders since joining the boards and dealing with Tim than I placed beforehand. These days they get about 90% of my business!
  • Options
    could have sworn I saw other posts from ya about customer service....if it wasnt u, my bad...i do apologize.....but if Red tail complained, or myself, u and every one knows it would be replaced in a heart beat.....We all love this place
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,462 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Incredible, isn't it? My August COTM was a week late, I E-mailed and Krebsie sent out a new box. A week later, the original showed up. I called asking for a return label, "keep it, enjoy your smokes". That's customer service! I love these guys. (guys: gender inclusive, for the pc among us)
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Not all web/catalogue companies follow customer service 101!!!
  • Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    Fourtotheflush:
    Not all web/catalogue companies follow customer service 101!!!

NO Chit.. CCOM is Definatly A Cut above the Rest...
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    I think it's the trust part... Most places would ask for the damaged item back first, or wwould want proof of some sort... That's why ccom rocks!
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Lasabar:
    I think it's the trust part... Most places would ask for the damaged item back first, or wwould want proof of some sort... That's why ccom rocks!
    Agreed!
  • Options
    kos22uskos22us Posts: 47
    thats why i'm glad i live in pa, i mean yea i have to pay pa tax but i mean you get the sticks the next damn day
  • Options
    Sol1821Sol1821 Posts: 707 ✭✭
    good customer service in theory is one thing, but how many places actually put it into practice?
    ccom is one of the only places ive come across.
    and in my opinion they go above and beyond the call of duty when it comes to looking after the forum members
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Lets put it this way. I called Tim over a year ago to see if he could price match something I saw at another place. Not only did he price match is, he gave it to me cheaper and shipped free! Now, I don't mean I only called him once, but this particular occasion was over a year ago. Maybe close to two years.