Home General Discussion
Options

Ashton Cigars

Is anyone familiar with this brand. Looks like a local bar is having a Ashton Cigar Dinner not sure what is going on need to find out more. But i wanted to see other opinions if it was worth trying to go to this?

Comments

• Options
    Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    Overall, great brand. For mild cigars, the Ashton classic line is one of my favorites. The VSG and ESG are both great fuller strength cigars (VSG being slightly more affordable). Their Cabinet is a decent medium smoke - nothing to rave about, but solid. I'd say it's totally worth it.
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    I have a profound respect for Ashton cigars, and would jump at the opportunity for an Ashton cigar dinner..
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    The Ashton Aged Maduro is an excellent smoke IMO. I would definitely check out an Ashton Cigar dinner if I could.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    wow, sounds like a great time. Hays and Rob hit it well. I like Ashton, their lines are pretty tasty. Really the only one's that I feel are weaker are the ESG's as they are really expensive and to me aren't all worth it. I've had all but the 22nd or if it's the 23rd, basically the last one released and I've had a few of each year and though they aren't bad, I just think it's more talk. Cabbi really liked the one he smoked and did a small review on it. I did one too, it's in my reviews section. But overall their cigars are tasty. I like the cabinet as it's a creamy smoke which is nice and if you can find them for a good price their really nice. The del sol is nice as well but tastes similar to the cabinet. I've never had the classic but have had the maddy which I thought was nice. VSG's are my favorite, especially the wizzard which I have bought 2 boxes of. However there has been some love over the tubes that were recently released which I would like to try.
  • Options
    Thanks for the info guys. i have to find out more about the dinner see how much tickets are etc. restaurant its at doesnt open for a couple hrs. but sounds like i will do my best to go based on your reviews.
  • Options
    t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    Def. would jump at the chance. Sounds like a good time and great cigars.
  • Options
    sirfoster83sirfoster83 Posts: 783
    I'm not affraid to admit it "I'm an Ashton ****" Love them
  • Options
    so i talked with the smoke shop that is putting this together and got more information on it thought you guys might like to know about it. for $125 you get a 5 course meal at a nice steak house. each plate will be paired with a cigar and a Smuttnose Beer (they are bringing some good old school beer). Asthon Rep will be there. looks like ill be having a good time.
  • Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    That sound freakin incredible. Wow.
  • Options
    RaschNuts:
    so i talked with the smoke shop that is putting this together and got more information on it thought you guys might like to know about it. for $125 you get a 5 course meal at a nice steak house. each plate will be paired with a cigar and a Smuttnose Beer (they are bringing some good old school beer). Asthon Rep will be there. looks like ill be having a good time.
    I've been to one Ashton event spent about with no fancy dinner. Sounds like a great time. Maybe I need to take a trip to Dover to visit my cousin.
  • Options
    sirfoster83:
    RaschNuts:
    I've been to one Ashton event spent about with no fancy dinner. Sounds like a great time. Maybe I need to take a trip to Dover to visit my cousin.
    maybe you do. it should be a good time.
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Let us know which cigars they are going to offer at the dinner! And I'm very jeolous, I would love to go to one of these.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    sirfoster83:
    I love Mr. Kutcher as well... But I will NOT sleep with him...
  • Options
    Lasabar:
    sirfoster83:
    Well played sir. I'm feelin the shame
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    sirfoster83:
    Lasabar:
    sirfoster83:
    Ain't no SHAME! The only one that needs shame is Asthon himself for banging that geriatric!
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    I love me an Ashton! I also am a Mr. Kutcher ****!!! What B&M is putting this on? Can you PM me their location or Website? $125 is a bit steep, but I could be interested!
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Heavy:
    The Ashton Aged Maduro is an excellent smoke IMO. I would definitely check out an Ashton Cigar dinner if I could.
    +1. The Ashton Aged Maduro is THE best maduro I have encountered. If you can afford it (their cigars are not cheap, so I dont expect their dinners will be either) I think it would be a good experience!

• Options
    Just a Reminder if anyone is in the area this will be going on next tuesday. I got my ticket if you will be going PM so we can meet up.
  • Options
    Lasabar:
    sirfoster83:
    Lasabar:
    sirfoster83:
    Ain't no SHAME! The only one that needs shame is Asthon himself for banging that geriatric!
    Don't knock till ya try it Lassy
  • Options
    Just in case any one was going to try and make this. I found out over the weekend it was cancelled not enough people signed up
  • Options
    Huge bummer man, sorry.
  • Options
    shawtd:
    Huge bummer man, sorry.
    ya but i just used the money to buy some sticks. Got Ashton VSG, ESG, RP 15th Anny, and LFD Double ligero
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    im not mad at ashton cigars but i always expect more out of them than i get. im ok with the classic but ill almost never buy one. i like the VSG a bit more. the ESG isnt bad either but i dont find anything remarkable about them. for the same coin i can buy Avos, or DPG, or LP#9. for a bit cheaper i can get LFD, JdN, or Camacho
    all of witch i like better....

• Options
    kuzi16:
    im not mad at ashton cigars but i always expect more out of them than i get. im ok with the classic but ill almost never buy one. i like the VSG a bit more. the ESG isnt bad either but i dont find anything remarkable about them. for the same coin i can buy Avos, or DPG, or LP#9. for a bit cheaper i can get LFD, JdN, or Camacho
    all of witch i like better....

I havent had enough yet to complain or compare. I have had the ESG i thought it was a decent cigar not something i really want to spend $20 on again but maybe next one i have will be better with a bit of age. i did really enjoy the Asthon Age Maduro, i thought this cigar was very tasty it was different then alot of the cigars ive recently had.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    I'd jump on the chance as well. Ashton is a solid brand and at dinners and events you have a higher chance of seeing new cigars from the maker that nobody has even heard of or are a beeyatch to find.