Home Non Cigar Related

Baikal MP 153 ( Shotgun )

So Im looking into getting a semi auto shout gun for the wonderful season of duck hunting. I don't want to spend 800 or 900 dollars on a gun. ( I would get a Remington 11-87 Sportsman Super Mag Waterfowl )So my friend turned me onto the Baikal MP153. Every review I read says its a great gun and work horse. No jamming, dropped in mud, water, still shoots. I went to the local gun shop and held one, it seems nice and balanced and all the actions were smooth. So my question is... Does anybody have any experience with this gun and what do you think about it ?

Comments

• pnaylonpnaylon Posts: 214
    As a relatively experienced sporting clays shooter, Ive honestly never heard of it. Apparently they're the same as the Remington SPR453. I'd go for it, but definitely shoot a hundred rounds or so through it to make sure there arent any kinks.

• Yeah looks like a solid gun. I think I will get it
  • bigbgballzbigbgballz Posts: 283
    Baikal, sounds russian!
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Hey Bret, before you pull the trigger(im sorry for the pun) look at the Mossberg 935. I have one and it takes 2 3/4 - 3 1/2 shells. It is very easy to clean and i've NEVER had a jam, and i've had a great variety of loads throug it. even with the 3 1/2" monsters the recoil is more like a push instead of a kick. Heavy enough to hold accuracy but not heavy enough to be like swinging a brick. Also not so light as to be "whippy". It comes with stock angle adjuster tabs which come in real handy, choke selection is awesome and cheap and it even comes in a cool cmo pattern(the variation i have). Best part is i can esily find this in CA for 500 out the door shich means you can probably find it cheaper. It's a real work horse. I also have an 11-87, a work horse as well but i use that one for upland birds. For an all around rock solid shooter at an impressive value, i reccommend the 935!
  • Sol1821Sol1821 Posts: 707 ✭✭
    baikals are the ak's of the shotgun world ;)
  • Jetmech_63:
    Hey Bret, before you pull the trigger(im sorry for the pun) look at the Mossberg 935. I have one and it takes 2 3/4 - 3 1/2 shells. It is very easy to clean and i've NEVER had a jam, and i've had a great variety of loads throug it. even with the 3 1/2" monsters the recoil is more like a push instead of a kick. Heavy enough to hold accuracy but not heavy enough to be like swinging a brick. Also not so light as to be "whippy". It comes with stock angle adjuster tabs which come in real handy, choke selection is awesome and cheap and it even comes in a cool cmo pattern(the variation i have). Best part is i can esily find this in CA for 500 out the door shich means you can probably find it cheaper. It's a real work horse. I also have an 11-87, a work horse as well but i use that one for upland birds. For an all around rock solid shooter at an impressive value, i reccommend the 935!

Very Nice I was looking at some Mossbergs but was unsure. My Boss has one and loves it. Most of my hunting will be upland birds , duck, even Dove... I Love Dove. Won't do much Deer hunting but it would be nice to have a gun that can accommodate if I choose. I'm gonna do some looking into on the Mossberg. Stroll back up to my local gun store and see how it feels. Thanks for the advice Vincint !