Home General Discussion

RE: New guy to Cigars: Thought I say hello

Hello to all.

My name is Chris. I have just recently delved into the world of cigars. I bought myself a new humidor last week, and she is seasoned and ready to go. So far, it has only one cigar in it. It's kinda lonely all by itself. I need to start building an inventory, so that I can participate in some "cigar bombs" and PIF. Those look like loads of fun.

I also notice that there are a lot of knowledgeable and friendly people around the boards. I will definitely be on here asking a lot of basic questions and picking your brains here.

See you around the boards,

Chris

Comments

• sanesane Posts: 151
    cphk96:

Hello to all.

My name is Chris. I have just recently delved into the world of cigars. I bought myself a new humidor last week, and she is seasoned and ready to go. So far, it has only one cigar in it. It's kinda lonely all by itself. I need to start building an inventory, so that I can participate in some "cigar bombs" and PIF. Those look like loads of fun.

I also notice that there are a lot of knowledgeable and friendly people around the boards. I will definitely be on here asking a lot of basic questions and picking your brains here.

Chris

Welcome Chris, I as well have just found the world of cigars and this forum has been a big help in learning about them.
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Welcome aboard both of you.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    cphk96:

Hello to all.

Chris

Welcome to the board and the wonderful hobby of cigars! You are right, there are a lot of great people here that are more than willing to help out their fellow smokers. Look forward to a fresh poster!
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Welcome, Chris...it's really irresponsible for you to keep him lonely like that. Get him some friends, stat.
  • Thanks for the welcome guys!

Luko:
    Welcome, Chris...it's really irresponsible for you to keep him lonely like that. Get him some friends, stat.

Luko

I just ordered the Sol Cubano Maduro Sampler and a Cusano 18 Paired Maduro.

Never had any of those cigars. I can't wait!

• j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Welcome Chris. Might I recommend some 5 Vegas cigars to go along with those you already purchased? For the price, they cannot be beat, and they have a cigar to fit all tastes mild, medium and full bodied in the Gold, Classic and Series "A", respectively. 5 Vegas is one of my personal favorite lines of cigars.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Hey Chris, welcome to you ! Share what you do know, ask what you don't know.
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    cphk96:

Thanks for the welcome guys!

Luko:

Luko

Good choices. I don't have much experience, but have had and thoroughly enjoyed those. In fact, I loved the cusano 18...one of the best I've had.
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    cphk96:

Thanks for the welcome guys!

Luko:

Luko

The Sol CUbano and Cusano Maduro's are both good cigars, a little on the milder sider of medium but both are very good. I smoked a SC Maduro Sunday with the paper it was a perfect compliment to a fall morning. Very Oaky with a very short dry finish.
  • BigDan.BigDan. Posts: 211
    kaspera79:
    Hey Chris, welcome to you ! Share what you do know, ask what you don't know.

i totally agree. this forum is full of friendly members that are willing to help so ask around we all enjoy this hobby and talking about it extensively i learn new things daily its been a great experience.

glad to have you on our board, enjoy!
  • MarkbbMarkbb Posts: 196
    Welcome to the board and may I recommend a Sancho Panza for Med to Heavy smoke......Thanks again Kuzi
  • bocardsbocards Posts: 32
    Hello Chris, Welcome to the boards ! Ask lots of questions...usually you can get some varying opinions and then figure out whose opinion is closer to yours as everyone answers. I ve had alot of fun reading cigars folks here like the most and trying those....Good Luck and have fun !
  • Good to see another noobie here too. I think we joined on the same day. I have been asking so many questions the last few days and everyone has been really helpful so far. A lot of knowledge and nice people here on this forum. I just ordered some Ghurka Master Select Torpedos and some Perdomo Lot 23's so I will let you know what I think of them when I get them and let them sit in the humidor for a couple weeks. Let me know what you like as well.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Welcome Chris. When you develop your tastes, don;t forget to try a Fuente Hemingway. Great cigar!