Home Non Cigar Related

Forum privacy

I realize that there is no reasonable expectation of privacy on the web, but does a company such as ccom or any other company have a means of making our profile page, posts, etc. less accessible? i.e., can it be restricted from a google search, etc?

Comments

• One2gofstOne2gofst Posts: 583
    I have no idea about Ccom. However, one forum I am on is members only can see any content and specifically go extra steps to make it's content harder to search on search engines.
    <BR How's that for cryptic, LMAO, but it is true.
  • jship079jship079 Posts: 621
    One of the things I was wondering was does ccom sell or trade info because if you google your profile name the links below the post are alot of different sites with your post above it.
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    I google my name and all I get is ads for alcoholics anonymous and Miller Lite
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Lasabar:
    .. and strippers face book pages, and a Mexican Elvis.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    I googled mine and all that happened was I heard cricket chirps from my computer....hmmmmmm
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    kaspera79:
    Lasabar:
    Dude..... Stop Googling ME!
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    kaspera79:
    Lasabar:
    ..........and don't forget the donkey show - Lassy loves him some burros...
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • jship079jship079 Posts: 621
    How do we go about pushing for these to be less accessible. I read in your insurence post that there are things a company can do. I am down with trying to help you try to petition for some change on the boards if its feasible.