Home General Discussion
Options

cigar magazines

I picked up my first cigar magazine this weekend. I won't name it, but its initials are Cigar Aficionado :). I like reading about the cigars, but the rest of the issue talked about off shore betting, high end liquor, and $22,000 watches. Not stuff that I am into. Is there a cigar mag out there for the normal man. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, Cigar Snob and Smoke are two fantastic cigar magazines. There is another one but the name is escaping me at this time.
  • Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    jsnake:
    Yes, Cigar Snob and Smoke are two fantastic cigar magazines. There is another one but the name is escaping me at this time.
    +1 I might get a Cigar Snob subscription here soon
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Yeah, there is a magazine out there for the rest of us...and get this...it's called "Cigar Magazine". I subscribe to it and it comes out once a qtr. Great magazine, full of great articles, and they do their ratings different, they actually pick readers at random and send them cigars to taste. I got picked last year for a tasting on cigarillos.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Krieg:
    Yeah, there is a magazine out there for the rest of us...and get this...it's called "Cigar Magazine". I subscribe to it and it comes out once a qtr. Great magazine, full of great articles, and they do their ratings different, they actually pick readers at random and send them cigars to taste. I got picked last year for a tasting on cigarillos.
    this is my cigar magazine of choice as well. i get it free at my local B&M they get a stack once a quarter and hand em out free to the regulars. ive been thinking of getting a subscription just to get in on the reviews.
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Krieg:
    hmm, sounds good; I might have to try this one

So far the only cigar mag I get is Ccoms monthly magazine :-/
  • Options
    Awesome. Thanks guys!
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    Krieg:
    this is my cigar magazine of choice as well. i get it free at my local B&M they get a stack once a quarter and hand em out free to the regulars. ive been thinking of getting a subscription just to get in on the reviews.
    not surprised this is also your mag...me and u seem to think alike...well..except for our Rocky Patel tastes... :)

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cigar Press is a good one too.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Krieg:
    kuzi16:
    Krieg:
    not surprised this is also your mag...me and u seem to think alike...well..except for our Rocky Patel tastes... :)
    we should get a herf some time. seriously.

ill get working on winning the lotto so i can make it down....
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    As much as I give CA a hard time for including the 22K watches, etc. I have discovered quite a few cigars through their ratings. Well... before I belonged to this forum, lol. But my love for LFD, Tatuaje, Padron 1964/1926, OpusX and many more of my favorite smokes is also shared by CA's rating system. Not always, but most of the time, if they rate a cigar highly I know I will probably enjoy it.

My favorite place for new cigar reviews and recommendations, though, is this forum. I've discovered many manufacturers and blends that I could have never heard of were it not for this awesome forum, and I'm very glad to be a part of this community.

I also need to get a subscription to Cigar Magazine - highly spoken of from members here.

Edit to add: Krieg - Kuzi is right - RP sucks!!! ;)
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    Krieg:
    kuzi16:
    Krieg:
    we should get a herf some time. seriously.

ill get working on winning the lotto so i can make it down....
    lol, cool, let me know when u win ;)

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    TatuajeVI:
    Edit to add: Krieg - Kuzi is right - RP sucks!!! ;)
    You're a funny, funny man Tat! While I do admit RP has more cigars on the market than he probably knows about, he's got some of my favorite sticks too, and if it wasn't for the RP Vintage 90, I probably wouldn't be smoking cigars. (and by no means am I taking your comment personally)

"Long ashes my friends."