Home Cigar 101

Liquid lighter fuel

Hey guys, I just finished refurbishing my grandpa's monogrammed (we're both PLN) ronson de-light lighter (circa 1930). Is there any liquid lighter fuel that burns clean enough to light cigars? Or are wick lighters out?

Comments

• LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    pnaylon:
    Hey guys, I just finished refurbishing my grandpa's monogrammed (we're both PLN) ronson de-light lighter (circa 1930). Is there any liquid lighter fuel that burns clean enough to light cigars? Or are wick lighters out?
    Wick lighters are out... They change the taste of the cigar... It's a dirty flame... But sounds like an AWESOME lighter!
  • pnaylonpnaylon Posts: 214
    Yeah oh well. Ill put up a pic if i can find a camera.
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    pnaylon:
    Just use it to light cedar spills, and then use those to light your cigars. That's ULTRA classy.
  • jship079jship079 Posts: 621
    Ronson was supposed to have changed there formulation so that there new lighter fluid burns clean no smell or taste just what I read might be something you want to look into

also there are butain incerts for zippos if it it that style lighter there like 10 or 20 bucks and its still soft flame
  • I'm agreeing with it being dirty - but that does indeed sound like a sweet lighter.  Would love to see a pic.

Finally I got a picture!

• firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    pnaylon:

Finally I got a picture!

Awesome!
  • undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    That's awesome!
  • PsychoSJGPsychoSJG Posts: 766 ✭✭✭
    pnaylon:

Finally I got a picture!

That baby is gorgeous. Today really lacks that old school classy style. Congrats on it bro
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Yeah, that lighter is pretty kick butt!
    Yeah I wish i could bring it to the B&M and show off but it literally makes my room stink because of the fuel :-P

• PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    That is a beautiful lighter! I have a pretty old Colibri that was my grandfathers. I've never lit it, but I do love to look at it and remember him. Thanks for the pics!