Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Wonder how long...

2»

Comments

• Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Also, for the record Laker (cause I keep score just like you) this would be an example. For the most part, I don't offer up an opinion on these types of threads too much because the formula is a little bit tired. Someone posts an opinion and then you and the other dude rip into whomever posted it, explain why they're wrong, why our country has gone to hell in a handbasket, why conservatives are hate-mongering morons, whatever. But for christ's sake, you react to this stuff like you're on the floor of the Senate or something. It's a cigar forum. Chill out. We're not going to fix all of America's problems from the cheap seats.

http://www.cigar.com/cs/forums/thread/185577.aspx
  • Options
    Nick2021Nick2021 Posts: 938 ✭✭
    laker1963:
    Nick2021:
    laker1963:
    Nick2021:
    laker1963:
    Nick2021:
    stephen_hannibal:
    Vulchor, did you even read the article?
    And was the stab at this groups collective sanity really pertinent to the thread?

I noticed on the last two threads Vulchor and Laker posted within 30 minutes of each other ;)
    And that means what? a conspiracy no doubt. Thats some funny ***. I guess in the future I will have to wait (how long do you think is adequate there Nick) for some time after Vulchor posts so as not to fan the flames of conspiracy.

I am sure you had a point,care to clarify it?
    oops, double post...slow Internet in the sandbox :(
    So do you actually have anything to add to the discussion? Or are you just here to throw out labels and talk about people? I think Mr. Pillow already has that gig sewn up.
    Laker...think you might be going a little bit to the extreme, especially based on what I've seen in this thread and other threads...always fun to poke at both sides, didn't see anything inappropriate in my postings...
    Poking fun is all fine Nick. However to poke fun in THISthread is not appreciated. There are a lot of heated discussions in this thread and having someone stir the pot just for the hell of it is just not needed.

You said you had followed some of these discussions so you should know that already. Some of us are regular targets for people like Mr. Pillow who throw out labels and say inflamitory statements just to see where it will go. We don't need more people trying to ruin a serious discussion just for **** and giggles.

Sorry if I came off a liitle harsh and extreme, but I don't find joking about the state of the US, Canada, or indeed the world right now very funny at all. No offense to you personally was intended.
    No offense taken, however, I don't believe this turned into a serious discussion based on earlier responses to the thread. I don't take any of this personally simply because this is an open forum just like any other place (with the exception of a few rules to abide by). If I post something, I do so knowing my comments are open to any kind of scrutiny as is everybody else, but I also realize everybody's on the same team...as one put it, we're all BOTL :)
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Luko:
    Also, for the record Laker (cause I keep score just like you) this would be an example. For the most part, I don't offer up an opinion on these types of threads too much because the formula is a little bit tired. Someone posts an opinion and then you and the other dude rip into whomever posted it, explain why they're wrong, why our country has gone to hell in a handbasket, why conservatives are hate-mongering morons, whatever. But for christ's sake, you react to this stuff like you're on the floor of the Senate or something. It's a cigar forum. Chill out. We're not going to fix all of America's problems from the cheap seats.

http://www.cigar.com/cs/forums/thread/185577.aspx
    Your first sentence says it all Luko. You say you don't offer up an opinion on these types of thread... that's fine.

My question was and is, why, then do you come to these threads and make comments on people who are participating in the thread? It seems like you just confirmed what I said. You don't offer any useful comments on the topic, but you rip into me for doing so. Then you start making comments to other people who are getting into the discussion and talk down about me. All the while trying to come off as some kind of victim ! C'mon bro', just cause you don't agree with me is no reason to attack me in a personal way, and try to make me look like the heavy. Nice try.
  • Options
    Nick2021:
    laker1963:
    Nick2021:
    laker1963:
    Nick2021:
    laker1963:
    Nick2021:
    stephen_hannibal:
    And was the stab at this groups collective sanity really pertinent to the thread?

I noticed on the last two threads Vulchor and Laker posted within 30 minutes of each other ;)
    And that means what? a conspiracy no doubt. Thats some funny ***. I guess in the future I will have to wait (how long do you think is adequate there Nick) for some time after Vulchor posts so as not to fan the flames of conspiracy.

I am sure you had a point,care to clarify it?
    oops, double post...slow Internet in the sandbox :(
    So do you actually have anything to add to the discussion? Or are you just here to throw out labels and talk about people? I think Mr. Pillow already has that gig sewn up.
    Laker...think you might be going a little bit to the extreme, especially based on what I've seen in this thread and other threads...always fun to poke at both sides, didn't see anything inappropriate in my postings...
    Poking fun is all fine Nick. However to poke fun in THISthread is not appreciated. There are a lot of heated discussions in this thread and having someone stir the pot just for the hell of it is just not needed.

You said you had followed some of these discussions so you should know that already. Some of us are regular targets for people like Mr. Pillow who throw out labels and say inflamitory statements just to see where it will go. We don't need more people trying to ruin a serious discussion just for **** and giggles.

Sorry if I came off a liitle harsh and extreme, but I don't find joking about the state of the US, Canada, or indeed the world right now very funny at all. No offense to you personally was intended.
    No offense taken, however, I don't believe this turned into a serious discussion based on earlier responses to the thread. I don't take any of this personally simply because this is an open forum just like any other place (with the exception of a few rules to abide by). If I post something, I do so knowing my comments are open to any kind of scrutiny as is everybody else, but I also realize everybody's on the same team...as one put it, we're all BOTL :)
    I couldn't agree with you more on anythig Nick. I can also state right here that I have sent out packages (sometimes more then one) to several of the brothers here that would NEVER find themselves on the same side of an arguement as me. Like you said, I don't take it personally, and treat everyone here as a BOTL.

If anyone would like to dispute that, I can provide a list of those who I mentioned above and what the packages sent out contained.

Nick, I know you may not have been here that long. There are a group of people from all sides of the political spectrum here who do indeed carry on interesting discussions and disagree all the time. However we have been doing quite wqell lately keeping things civil. There are also those who prefer to resort to calling people names, making fun of their political beliefs and generally belittling people who disagree with them constantly, and even across differing threads. You will get one of these people come to a totally unrelated subject thread, just so they can inject some of their poison into that discussion as well. Then their favorite tactic is to try to turn things around and blame someone else for all the trouble.

It is a tired old tactic that doesn't work very well. So all in all Nick, I always remember that the person I am argueing with or having a disagreement with is always a BOTL. I can also say I have never had a return package from any of these BOTL, which is fine ( I wasn't looking for it) so perhaps your comments are being directed in the wrong direction or to the wrong person.
  • Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    stephen_hannibal:

At the time I posted..I did not read the article. And yes, it was pertinent to keep things in perspective. If you let things go forever without calling anyone out the patients begin running the ward.
  • Options
    wwhwang:
    stephen_hannibal:

You actually expect people on the far left to read burdensome things like news articles or documents about law and how it would affect our lives? Why read such boring things when you can just blame Bush for things like Katrina (cuz he don't likes black people) and read opinion pieces with no sources on Vanity Fair? :)
    Wong....there goes the name calling..which is fine, just a reflection on yourself not going to hurt me. What I do notice is that none of the other like minded here admonish you for it, but for everything I say against the majority opinion I am either off task, personal, or uninformed. I love the double standards.
  • Options
    Steve, I have now read the article. And by reading it...it did not change my original post or cause any furtehr opinion on my part. Its silly and never going to happen here, this is nothing more than a post to degerate into bashing---which it has. Or at best, a way to fear monger. Anyway, I have read it ...thank you.
  • Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Vulchor:
    wwhwang:
    stephen_hannibal:

You actually expect people on the far left to read burdensome things like news articles or documents about law and how it would affect our lives? Why read such boring things when you can just blame Bush for things like Katrina (cuz he don't likes black people) and read opinion pieces with no sources on Vanity Fair? :)
    Wong....there goes the name calling..which is fine, just a reflection on yourself not going to hurt me. What I do notice is that none of the other like minded here admonish you for it, but for everything I say against the majority opinion I am either off task, personal, or uninformed. I love the double standards.
    Jesus, Vulchor. Chill out. It's a joke. I guess humor sometimes doesn't translate well here, huh?
  • Options
    Fine with humor ****...and Im not saying you here or anyone personally HOWEVER...what you wrote is the sentiment and feelings by so many on the far right that its scary. Only thing missing was a reference to Jesus' plan for us all. Hard to chill out with this many unstable and misinformed people lurking the streets.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Vulchor:
    Steve, I have now read the article. And by reading it...it did not change my original post or cause any furtehr opinion on my part. Its silly and never going to happen here, this is nothing more than a post to degerate into bashing---which it has. Or at best, a way to fear monger. Anyway, I have read it ...thank you.
    Thank you sir... at least sometimes we can engage in discourse as gentleman.
    And like you I pray we never see anything like this. And regardless of political leaning you know politicians can do some "silly" things.
    As for the rest of the name calling and fear mongering I pray those are not the intentions of anyone on these forums.

• Options
    Well said.
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Vulchor:
    A post to "degerate into bashing"? Hardly. All I wanted to see what were people's opinions were on what was happening to our ally across the pond. And yes, if politicians can take your IRS, 401k's, etc, (the bill has already idea has already been introduced...and it happened already in Argentina) it could surely happen here. If you look at the thread, you're the first person who just went off on a tangent **** about bush and czar nonsense...when the article or my post had nothing to do with that. Bashing?? Who the hell did I bash Vulchor? Certainly wasn't you by any means. Instead of flying off the handle when you read the slightest inkling of something you don't agree with, maybe u take a step back and actually read the link before you post some half assed comment which has nothing to do what so ever with my post which then ends up hijacking the thread.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    LeftFiveLeftFive Posts: 184 ✭✭
    Krieg:
    Vulchor:
    A post to "degerate into bashing"? Hardly. All I wanted to see what were people's opinions were on what was happening to our ally across the pond. And yes, if politicians can take your IRS, 401k's, etc, (the bill has already idea has already been introduced...and it happened already in Argentina) it could surely happen here. If you look at the thread, you're the first person who just went off on a tangent **** about bush and czar nonsense...when the article or my post had nothing to do with that. Bashing?? Who the hell did I bash Vulchor? Certainly wasn't you by any means. Instead of flying off the handle when you read the slightest inkling of something you don't agree with, maybe u take a step back and actually read the link before you post some half assed comment which has nothing to do what so ever with my post which then ends up hijacking the thread.
    You say that, but the topic is clearly labeled: "Wonder how long it will take before the Democrats propose something like this"
    That seems like targeted baiting to me, not just bringing up current events for open discussion. That being said, I'm not making excuses for anyone taking that ball and running.
  • Options
    LeftFive:
    Krieg:
    Vulchor:
    You say that, but the topic is clearly labeled: "Wonder how long it will take before the Democrats propose something like this"
    That seems like targeted baiting to me, not just bringing up current events for open discussion. That being said, I'm not making excuses for anyone taking that ball and running.
    Considering what the Dems have passed since they have been in power, I hardly consider my statement a slander or "bashing".

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    Krieg...I dont even know what to say. Your entire post...just the title itself, was bashing at worst or baiting at best (as stated already). So please save me your jargon of "half assed" comments or telling me how I fly off the handle and realize your own bias and problems before your try to correct mine. Also I didnt bring up the czars----your side of the aisle did----I responded do it. Then you throw in a comment about the Dems and what they have done in power, right after complaining about me saying nasty things politically and hijacking a thread.... Pitiful.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Vulchor:
    Hard to chill out with this many unstable and misinformed people lurking the streets.

Or posting on forums.....
  • Options
    Jetmech_63:
    Vulchor:
    Hard to chill out with this many unstable and misinformed people lurking the streets.

Or posting on forums.....
    ;)
  • Options
    how in god's name is Krieg's stating that he wonders how long before Dems try a legislative move similar to that bashing or baiting???????? I'm going to assume his interpretation of dems actions in the last few years has led him to a reasonable conclusion that this is the type of thing they might try. That's hardly bashing or baiting...it's food for thought. Who's unstable? The few posters who lose their *** everytime someone posts an opinion they don't agree with, I would say...
    Nothing worse than know-it-alls who clearly don't, who react to everything so viscerally and really don't know, or at least offer, much at all.
  • Options
    Luko:
    how in god's name is Krieg's stating that he wonders how long before Dems try a legislative move similar to that bashing or baiting???????? I'm going to assume his interpretation of dems actions in the last few years has led him to a reasonable conclusion that this is the type of thing they might try. That's hardly bashing or baiting...it's food for thought. Who's unstable? The few posters who lose their *** everytime someone posts an opinion they don't agree with, I would say...
    Nothing worse than know-it-alls who clearly don't, who react to everything so viscerally and really don't know, or at least offer, much at all.
    +1 LMAO at least to your last sentence ;)
  • Options
    laker1963:
    Luko:
    +1 LMAO at least to your last sentence ;)
    Hey, at least we got you laughing. First time for everything.
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    --wrong thread
  • Options
    Luko:
    lol, +1

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    Luko:
    So what I offered was less than the article he posted...and the accompanying paranoid idea this could happen here tomorrow?? Proceeded by saying that I though out crap it my posts, then just bashing the people whose opinions different than his???? This must be Roethlisburger withdrawl is all I can think of.
  • Options
    Vulchor:
    Luko:
    So what I offered was less than the article he posted...and the accompanying paranoid idea this could happen here tomorrow?? Proceeded by saying that I though out crap it my posts, then just bashing the people whose opinions different than his???? This must be Roethlisburger withdrawl is all I can think of.
    sigh....

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    Krieg:
    Vulchor:
    Luko:
    sigh....
    barf ;)
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Geez, you guys started a fight without me, I at least wanted to get my "unstable/misinformed" opinion in!
  • Options
    docedwardsdocedwards Posts: 319
    Nick2021:
    stephen_hannibal:

Obviously a conspiracy. lol
  • Options
    Indeed----we're plotting global domination......one message board and Quorum cigar bundle at a time.
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Getting back on topic.........

A co-worker and I had a discussion a while back about the possibility of the government taking over the banks and getting rid of paper currency. We were just kind of batting around a goofy conspiracy theory. (at least I was, he might have been more serious than me...) The gist of it is, that because it's so expensive to make paper currency, and most people already rely on their debit and credit cards, why not do away with paper money all together and all funds are dispersed electronically through your bank?

Here's the pros and cons we came up with.......

Pros:
    Convenience.

Cons:
    Too much government control. Too much room for error. No way to hide money from Big Brother. If the sh** hit the fan one day, cards would be useless. How would this work internationally? Might lead to global currency. Would lead to more expended government, cuz of course there would have to be a new gov't department to "monitor" everyone's spending. (and it would probably be headed by a member of Richie Daley's family). Would lead to increased acts of identity theft and fraud.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..