Home General Discussion
Options

Trays & Inserts for Wine Coolers & Coolidors

I have had several requests for trays and drawers for wine coolers and coolidors.... I have been shying away from these in my previous life (I'm spoiled working on the exotics).... however, now that I have a partner, Bruce.... we are able to take these on full time....

I am going to continue to focus on the humidors as Bruce is learning, but not yet comfortable with putting metal to the exotics.... However, he can build the hell out of some trays and needs the work while I'm at my day job... which I hope to give up soon and focus full time, once again on what I love to do.... This will be a revenue stream that will allow me to get back in to the shop full time to get my work out there in a more timely manner...

So... with that being said... we are opening the flood gates to accept orders for trays and drawers and crumb catchers for the coolidors.... etc... etc... etc...

We will be starting out a little slow and easy.... but once we get re-familiarized with the various models and start having measurements in house.... it'll be a breeze...

We will commit to customer service, quality and communication to get our BOTL's taken care of.... one brother at a time.... (well, hopefully 5 or 6 at a time)....

Hope to hear from ya'all...

Ed

Fancy....

Or Plain Jane

Or maybe you want to fill that void in your cabinet.....

Comments

• Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I could use a tray that had a hard top. Or 2 actually, that were stack-able. Any idea on the ballpark cost of your trays? I see that some are fairly elaborate, so I won't hold you to the number or anything.
  • Options
    Custom tray bottoms available too.... I have my engraver on board with this too.... this is going to be fun!

He did a sample on a piece of spanish cedar for me....

You can use your imagination on this stuff..... Pricing will depend on graphic used....

• Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    A super simple tray set for a coolidor would be awesome. Can you give us an idea, say for the Coleman 48qt cooler? Inside dimensions should be approximately 12x15? I'd have to go measure, but as a wild guess... The idea would be to have it as simple as possible, as it wouldn't be a drawer, and obviously wouldn't need to be finished. Think of it almost as a drying rack for the kitchen, maybe? What would you guess as to a price per tray for something like this?

Thanks!
  • Options
    Sol1821Sol1821 Posts: 707 ✭✭
    does he do this free hand??
    would he be able to copy the artwork off a cigar band for example?
  • Options
    sol1821:
    does he do this free hand??
    would he be able to copy the artwork off a cigar band for example?
    Any digitized image with at least 150 dpi will work.
  • Options
    I have come up with some interim pricing - I will see how this works out and hopefully it will simplify any inquiries....

I will be charging by the cubic inch. Any fraction of an inch will be rounded up to the next whole number. Pricing is for each piece.

1-450 cubic inches = $0.09 per cubic inch
    450-750 cubic inches = $0.08 per cubic inch
    750-1000 cubic inches = $0.05 per cubic inch
    1000 or more cubic inches = $0.04 per cubic inch

Cubic inches are calculated simply by multiplying L*W*H. Remember, any fractional dimensions will round up to the hext whole number.

This is for a basic tray. If you desire drawer pulls or custom tray bottoms, the cost will be a direct pass.

Hardwood drawer fronts will be quoted as ordered.

There will be a $12.50 material & packaging charge per order plus shipping

I hope that will help. If anything seems to be out of line - please, feel free and let me know. This is just a down and dirty pricing scheme that I came up with only having 2 cups of coffee this morning.... so, I may or may not have thought through anything. If you see anything that is out of line - please.... let me know so I can adjust.

It's my goal to make sure that we conduct ourselves as fair, honest and professional as we can.....

As always.... thank you for your support

I hope that will help. If anything seems to be out of line - please, feel free and let me know. This is just a down and dirty pricing scheme that I came up with only having 2 cups of coffee this morning.... so, I may or may not have thought through anything. If you see anything that is out of line - please.... let me know so I can adjust.

• Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    TatuajeVI:
    A super simple tray set for a coolidor would be awesome. Can you give us an idea, say for the Coleman 48qt cooler? Inside dimensions should be approximately 12x15? I'd have to go measure, but as a wild guess... The idea would be to have it as simple as possible, as it wouldn't be a drawer, and obviously wouldn't need to be finished. Think of it almost as a drying rack for the kitchen, maybe? What would you guess as to a price per tray for something like this?

Thanks!
    I'm with Tat on this as I have the same setup. Thanks