Home General Discussion
Options

what you brothers think?

smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
I started taking this hobby pretty seriously about a month ago..how do think I am doing so far? Only bad thing is I have to let most these bad boys age alittle bit so I havent been getting to enjoy much! I will be patient! image

Comments

• Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Nice selection you got growing! I generally don't use dividers, as all it does is take uo room. But if you're OCD and got lots of room, go for it :P My first two months, all I had was a cigar jar as my humidor.
  • Options
    wwhwang:
    Nice selection you got growing! I generally don't use dividers, as all it does is take uo room. But if you're OCD and got lots of room, go for it :P My first two months, all I had was a cigar jar as my humidor.
    Thanks for the response..I actually just sent you a PM..lol
  • Options
    Oh! By the way, I suggest putting the divider between the humidifer and the cigars. I might be wrong, but wouldn't that make the cigars right next to it too moist?
  • Options
    smoke em if you got em:
    wwhwang:
    And it appears we were on the same wavelength lol. I think I answered your question before I even saw it.
  • Options
    wwhwang:
    smoke em if you got em:
    wwhwang:
    And it appears we were on the same wavelength lol. I think I answered your question before I even saw it.
    Lol thats pretty funny and thanks for the advice.
  • Options
    smoke em if you got em:
    wwhwang:
    smoke em if you got em:
    wwhwang:
    You're welcome, man. Haha. Hope to see that collection grow with your time here.
  • Options
    wwhwang:
    smoke em if you got em:
    wwhwang:
    smoke em if you got em:
    wwhwang:
    You're welcome, man. Haha. Hope to see that collection grow with your time here.
    I dont think my wife expecting this hobby of mine to take off so quickly...she was might shocked when I showed her the inventory after only a month : ) I just told her my inventory of cigars is like her collection of purses and shoes...i think she got my point!!
  • Options
    Lol. Good arguement. You don't count her shoes and clothes, she doesn't count your cigars.
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Nice start you have there brother! What part of VA are you in? I may have asked before and if I did, sorry I forgot where you said you are....lol
  • Options
    ENFIDL:
    Nice start you have there brother! What part of VA are you in? I may have asked before and if I did, sorry I forgot where you said you are....lol
    I live in the Richmond area. I work all over the state but I dont cover the Northern Va area. I do have a sister in law that lives up in NOVA..we are actually going up to DC on Saturday to check out the Braves/Nationals game.
  • Options
    smoke em if you got em:
    ENFIDL:
    I live in the Richmond area. I work all over the state but I dont cover the Northern Va area. I do have a sister in law that lives up in NOVA..we are actually going up to DC on Saturday to check out the Braves/Nationals game.
    Nice! I'm also a Braves fan, grew up in TN. What part of NOVA is she in? I'm out in Bristow. We will have to get together sometime when you're up. I'm booked up for like the next month and a half unfortunately between work and going to visit my family in TN.
  • Options
    ENFIDL:
    smoke em if you got em:
    ENFIDL:
    Nice! I'm also a Braves fan, grew up in TN. What part of NOVA is she in? I'm out in Bristow. We will have to get together sometime when you're up. I'm booked up for like the next month and a half unfortunately between work and going to visit my family in TN.
    I wanna say her and her husband live in Arlington but im not 100% sure, I havent been up there since they moved a few months ago. Too bad all your all booked up, we actually have an extra ticket for the game. I might try and get my brother to go he actually lives in DC.
  • Options
    Dude that would have been awesome. I do professional car detailing on the side and have a big customer booked for this Sat and I can't cancel on him. Dangit! lol
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Smoke 'em, you got a PM brother.
  • Options
    ENFIDL:
    Dude that would have been awesome. I do professional car detailing on the side and have a big customer booked for this Sat and I can't cancel on him. Dangit! lol
    Its cool man..im sure I will be going to another game next year or at least be up that way for something and we can get together. I was actually mistaken they live in Alexandria not Arlington. Take it easy brother.
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    smoke em if you got em:
    ENFIDL:
    Its cool man..im sure I will be going to another game next year or at least be up that way for something and we can get together. I was actually mistaken they live in Alexandria not Arlington. Take it easy brother.
    Nice humi, looks just like my desktop humi. The only times I ever use dividers is to seperate the humidiyer and when I want to age cigars. For example, my Olde Reserve Maduros, I have all grouped together w/ the cello off where they can age and marry a little. If they touch other cigars, that could alter the taste.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    Krieg:
    smoke em if you got em:
    ENFIDL:
    Nice humi, looks just like my desktop humi. The only times I ever use dividers is to seperate the humidiyer and when I want to age cigars. For example, my Olde Reserve Maduros, I have all grouped together w/ the cello off where they can age and marry a little. If they touch other cigars, that could alter the taste.
    Cool..thanks for the response man.
  • Options
    Looks Nice. Similar to mine. I didnt think this thing would pick up so quick with in a couple weeks i dropped like $600 got about 33 sticks in there and think there are 24 different ones. need to start getting more doubles so i can smoke some of these (little impatient) but i guess you have to have patience with this hobby.
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    You are off to a good start, I see plenty of my regulars in there
  • Options
    fla-gypsy:
    You are off to a good start, I see plenty of my regulars in there
    Thanks bro.
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    smoke em you better just go ahead and buy another and bigger humidor! You are off to a good start though.
  • Options
    jsnake:
    smoke em you better just go ahead and buy another and bigger humidor! You are off to a good start though.
    Yeah man I hear you on the bigger humi : )
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    I dig it... careful with the humidifier touching your sticks though....

• Options
    stephen_hannibal:
    I dig it... careful with the humidifier touching your sticks though....

Yeah Wayne mentioned that to me last night, so I moved a divider and put it in between the sticks and the humidifier. Thanks for looking out for me though.
  • Options
    shamrockedshamrocked Posts: 285
    nice start... it has been about a year now since I started the hobby and I wish I had a bigger humi! This little 50 count is almost always filled to capacity. I've had most of those cigars in and out of my stock as well. Keep up the ordering!