Krieg:
    ENFIDL:
    I've hunted terrorist before before does that count? lol
    LoL, this was awesome
    :)
    and you got paid to do it.....sweet!
  • Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    I have a Coyote on my Alter with a Buffalo Skull Above it and coyote faces on Bags, ill take all the cyote Pelts you can get........ Coyote is the trickster.... if you want to draw them in for a mass slaughter have atape recording of Puppys yelping .... they cant resist and come running, other than that I dont hunt, cant hunt, can't own a Gun :( lol but i can Robin Hood with a compoun d with the best of them...
    Oh My Wife is a world Class Bird Hunter ... her mom and dad were national skeet and trap shooting Champions many years in the 70s and her mom was stil shooting up to the day she got cancer..... last time we were there she was shooting Bats with a 22 inside her Cabin... she doesnt miss WILD!
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    I just back from 4 days in the toiyabe natl forest in Bridgeport ca hunting whitetail. Fish and game really effed up this season. Hardly any deer up there, weather has been too warm, all of the deer are still up n yosemite and haven't migrated down. Saw a few but nothng spectacular. Came home empty handed. I miss my homestate of Maryland. Lots of nice deer on the east coast.
  • Options
    zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    Lasabar:
    I hunt Cougars... So far..... 0 kills
    Scary how those cougars can turn to dogs once daylight hits them.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    zoom6zoom:
    Lasabar:
    Or the hunter sobers up...
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    wwhwang:
    I'd like to learn how to hunt lol. Only things I've shot at were paper targets with an M16A2, Glock 22, M249, and M2 50 cal. Always wanted to hunt down a deer or some ducks.
    You've GOT to get this done Wayne! Getting out to your spot under the moon, when all is silent, then hearing the woods wake up around you... its amazing. You will never feel so much a PART of nature as you will at that moment. For me, taking something down is secondary.

Im a city kid myself, and didnt start hunting until my early 30's and have kicked myself for it ever since!

• Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    how did i miss this thread?

holy crap.

i grew up with a shotgun in my arms.
    small game is what i was all about.

... mainly because it is delicious.
  • Options
    vegassparkyvegassparky Posts: 365
    The Sniper:
    wwhwang:
    I'd like to learn how to hunt lol. Only things I've shot at were paper targets with an M16A2, Glock 22, M249, and M2 50 cal. Always wanted to hunt down a deer or some ducks.
    You've GOT to get this done Wayne! Getting out to your spot under the moon, when all is silent, then hearing the woods wake up around you... its amazing. You will never feel so much a PART of nature as you will at that moment. For me, taking something down is secondary.

Im a city kid myself, and didnt start hunting until my early 30's and have kicked myself for it ever since!

you will never forget that first time your looking at your pray thru cross hair. i have hunted elk, deer, bear,analope, moose,and big horn sheep. with a rifle ,a bow , and blackpowder. Even if i didnt bag the beast, it truly was still a great hunt.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Jetmech_63:
    zoom6zoom:
    Lasabar:
    Or the hunter sobers up...
    Both scenarios... Horrible
  • Options
    vegassparkyvegassparky Posts: 365
    season opened up tuesday the 5th. I hadnt had a cigar since monday the 4th. but saturday morning i bagged a nice 4x4. celebrated with Man O' WAR orig. right after. best part was my 78 year old grandpa was on the hunt with me. He doesnt smoke. but he light up a virtue to celebrate with me. first time i have ever smoked with the man. truly was the best hunt i have ever been on.
  • Options
    ug danug dan Posts: 375
    Good job on the deer and it sounds like a great time!
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Alex Svenson:
    Coyotes are not my main thing. Every year I try to take a few deer. I love upland birds too. Tried black bear for the first time this year and have tried Africa a few times. If money were limitless I think I would move to Africa lol. That was amazing hunting. Don't know why the predator hunt itch hit me. Just fun getting out there with frends, a bottle of whisky and a rifle I guess. Boy that sounds like a recipe for an accident.
    Everyone here thought that you were the craziest, luckiest SOB out there! Now we KNOW!
  • Options
    boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    Do sporting clays count?

A few years back I hit up the range with my father in law for the first time and haven't looked back. Now the most relaxing day I can think of involves my Browning 625 field, a couple hundred rounds, and nothing else to do for the day but shoot all morning and smoke all afternoon while cleaning the gun.
  • Options
    zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    boydmcgowan:
    Do sporting clays count?
    Only if you eat them.
  • Options
    boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    zoom6zoom:
    boydmcgowan:
    Do sporting clays count?
    Only if you eat them.
    HAHA, yeah, no matter how long I marinate the little suckers they still end up dry.
  • Options
    ug danug dan Posts: 375
    I shot a little 4x3 this morning, looks like ther will be meat in the lodges this winter.
  • Options
    DSWarmackDSWarmack Posts: 1,426
    ENFIDL:
    I've hunted terrorist before before does that count? lol

Of course it does, it is a special hunting club. I have a permit for two legged foul this year too.
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    hunting seems pretty fun, ive never been...wouldn't mind trying it though as long as i don't have to rub myself down with deer pee

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Its about that time of year.... Start submitting your permit applications for the fall.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    Nick2021Nick2021 Posts: 938 ✭✭
    Thought you were gonna say turkey season
  • Options
    Dustin1981Dustin1981 Posts: 412
    Reading all of these makes me glad I live in Ohio. Anything I want to hunt I just go and buy the tag. I dont have to worry about drawing a tag or applications.
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    I have a Germain Shorthaired Pointer. A true bird dog. I've never been into hunting, but have no problems with it. Once a year, I pay for a permit, put on my hunters orange and head to the wildlife management reserve. I start walking with my camera and the dog, without a lick of training from me, starts doing figure 8s out in front as I walk. Spots a quail, points, I walk over, spook it, take a picture, and we move on. Dog heaven and she doesn't even care that we always come home empty.
  • Options
    Joel_H.Joel_H. Posts: 101
    beatnic:
    I have a Germain Shorthaired Pointer. A true bird dog. I've never been into hunting, but have no problems with it. Once a year, I pay for a permit, put on my hunters orange and head to the wildlife management reserve. I start walking with my camera and the dog, without a lick of training from me, starts doing figure 8s out in front as I walk. Spots a quail, points, I walk over, spook it, take a picture, and we move on. Dog heaven and she doesn't even care that we always come home empty.
    I have a german shorthair as well, they are such great hunting dogs! I love watching them point once they get on the scent of something.
  • Options
    Joel H.:
    beatnic:
    I have a german shorthair as well, they are such great hunting dogs! I love watching them point once they get on the scent of something.

I also have a GSP. Beautiful dog, great hunter. She mainly loves to hunt flys though, cant figure her out.
  • Options
    Joel H.:
    beatnic:

I also have a GSP. Beautiful dog, great hunter. She mainly loves to hunt flys though, cant figure her out.