Home General Discussion
Options

International Day Of "The Beard"

I declare September 25 the International "Day Of The Beard". I ask all B'sOTL on September 25 to dig in to their humidors and find that stick "The Beard" has made special to you, raise and bend and arm and rejoice in the heavenly clouds of smoke to celebrate the great one for all that he has done and will continue to do. "Beard, this sticks for you!"

Comments

• Options
    firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    Big +1!
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Agreed whole heartedly! Man O War Ruination for me after the sick deal he gave me in the box, cutter, lighter, and sampler!
  • Options
    TGOTGO Posts: 340 ✭✭
    Humm September 25th is my Birthday... I will be pulling the best from the box(es) on that day :)
  • Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    I get great deals from The Beard every time I email him, so shy of a DD or 3 in my "collection" it's safe to say it's all because of The Beard... the 25th being a Sunday, and my most stressful day of work, it would still be a tough choice of what to smoke maybe I'll just have the Sun Grown since my latest deal from him has yet to arrive (hoping for today ^ ^).
  • Options
    Sol1821Sol1821 Posts: 707 ✭✭
    perhaps over the next year the beard could choose one of his favorite sticks to be the day of the beard stick for next year then when ever we phone in to place an order we could ask for the day of the beard stick then next year on the 25 we could all smoke our day of the beard stick.
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    The Beard is def one of the "Real Men of Genius" in the cigar world. We salute you Mr. Beard.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    I love this place. I see a Padron in my future. Great idea BTW
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Hayblet:
    I get great deals from The Beard every time I email him, so shy of a DD or 3 in my "collection" it's safe to say it's all because of The Beard... the 25th being a Sunday, and my most stressful day of work, it would still be a tough choice of what to smoke maybe I'll just have the Sun Grown since my latest deal from him has yet to arrive (hoping for today ^ ^).
    25th is Saturday...
  • Options
    Krieg:
    The Beard is def one of the "Real Men of Genius" in the cigar world. We salute you Mr. Beard.
    A real innovator in the business...
  • Options
    Krieg:
    +1
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    I dunno; the Beard's been getting some real competition from Kelly who's been giving me some great deals lately. Her Saturday morning specials are pretty awesome too.
  • Options
    Nick2021Nick2021 Posts: 938 ✭✭
    xmacro:
    I dunno; the Beard's been getting some real competition from Kelly who's been giving me some great deals lately. Her Saturday morning specials are pretty awesome too.
    That's true..., both the beard and Kelly have been very nice, helpful, and supportive! Should give Kelly her own day too...she's like a squirrel...she'll come out of nowhere with great deals like last Tuesday! Kind've sneaky like that lol!
  • Options
    Certainly she is less hairy as well and easier on the eyes. LOL, Forgive me oh bearded one for I have sinned!
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    All Hail the Beard
  • Options
    t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    Hail Beard!
  • Options
    ironhorseironhorse Posts: 469
    The beard got me a deal on some San Cristobal's that I never tried before. He also got me started on one of my other favorites, the Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet. He also got me started on Asian girls, but that a different part of the business ;)
  • Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ironhorse:
    The beard got me a deal on some San Cristobal's that I never tried before. He also got me started on one of my other favorites, the Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet. He also got me started on Asian girls, but that a different part of the business ;)
    +1 on the Asian girls!!
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree that the Beard is king, but Kelly and Andrew have been fantastic also.

Maybe we can set aside another day to honor all of the staff.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    smoke em if you got em:
    ironhorse:
    +1 on the Asian girls!!
    I'll take two please! Wink [;)]
  • Options
    Diamondog:
    Hayblet:
    25th is Saturday...
    it was 6am when I posted was just waking up Stick out tongue [:P]
  • Options
    stephen_hannibal:
    smoke em if you got em:
    ironhorse:
    +1 on the Asian girls!!
    I'll take two please! Wink [;)]
    can I get a few as well?
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    I anticipat having one of my finest out on the 25th to burn in effigy to the beard.
  • Options
    Cheers to "The Beard".....I am hopeful International "Day Of The Beard" will flourish and grow in to something magical, maybe one day it will grow in to an international holiday with a week of festivities leading up to "Day Of The Beard", write your government, start petitions...let it grow, pun intended...
  • Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    you got it Man Its ON! Do we Submit Pictures!
  • Options
    Redtailhawkoz:
    Great idea!
  • Options
    Redtailhawkoz:
    Pics are always awesome!
  • Options
    Share your stories today people!
  • Options
    Well, I'm not sure what the rest of you folks are doing today, but I've been working this whole morning, which is my excuse for not smoking more cigars. I just lit up a Padilla Achilles, I know, not that premium of a cigar, but I want to start out light as I haven't eaten anything yet. I'll be eating lunch in a few, then heading to a Esteban Carreras event at my local B&M. I haven't tried many Carreras cigars, but there should be some good deals so I can try them out. What are the rest of you up to for this great day in history?
  • Options
    I started off with a MOW followed by Turbo in honor of those mighty ligero hairs and am now enjoying a Ghurka Blue Steel which is nicely aged and delivering much flavor satisfaction
  • Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    Ive been watching Ohio State and Smoking a diesel unholy cocktail while cooking game hens on the gril in Honor of the Beard.... Ill be smoking another diesel Unlimited here in a Bit and going to finish off with a Diesel Shorty......
    I am Establishing the First "Death By Diesel" Badge for all you Hard Core Diesel Smokers! GO