Home General Discussion

Cain Tour Dates in ATL

So the Cain F Tour is going to be coming through Atlanta the week of 10/5 and I wanted to see if any of the local (or non-locals that will be in the area) BORKs are planning on attending. For convenience I've posted the dates and B&Ms below. I don't have anything planned that I'm going to attend yet, but did want to hit one of the stops. FYI - they will be bringing around the as yet unreleased Cain F Nub which is the main reason I'd like to go!

10/5 - Blue Havana II (Alpharetta)
10/6 - The Cigar Merchant (Alpharetta location on Nesbit Ferry Rd)
10/7 - Cigar Depot (Douglasville)
10/8 - The Cigar Merchant (Roswell location on Alpharetta Highway)
10/9 - Tobacco World (Marietta, home of the first annual SE HERF!)

Anyways let me know if there's a date that works for anyone wanting to herf for it!

Comments

• HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    get me a Cain F Nub Si?r since driving 4 hours or so seems a bit retarded
  • Let me know which one you are thinking of going to be at. I'l try and make it. I haven't been to Cigar Merchant yet so that would be cool, but what ever works a weekend would be best.
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Man you BORK's in the US are lucky. While we Canadians may be able to get our hands on our FREAKIN' outrageously priced Cuban's... you boys get to go to all these shows. There just are not enough BOTL up here for them to bother.

I would honestly give up easy access to Cubans to have the fun and access to the reps you guy's get to rub shoulders with. I'M JEALOUS !!!
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I would love to go to one of these, but I work mon-fri and the event at TW is the same day my son's bday party is...oh well...good thing is since it's his bday I will smoke on my of Padron Family Reserves :)

"Long ashes my friends."

• If all things are the same I'll likely go to The Cigar Merchant (5:00 - 9:00) on 10/6 and/or Tobacco World on 10/9 (1:00 - 5:00). Between those two TW will be my preference just because it's easier with only having one car. It's the weekend before my wedding and I don't think anything is going on, but I'll check with my better half to make sure ;)

Spence - I'll definitely pick up an extra Cain F Nub for you when I go.

Chris - Wish you could make it but glad you've got your priorities straight!

Ross - Lemme know how TW on 10/9 works for you.
  • TW sounds good, but let me make sure I'm not working before I say for sure. Right now its like a 80% that I can make it.
    no worries Dan, Def gonna be there for the TW Anniv though! You try that RP Rennisance yet??

"Long ashes my friends."

• Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I opened up my 5 count box of CainFs yesterday and discovered they had exploded at some point. Anyone else hear of that happening?
  • Krieg:
    no worries Dan, Def gonna be there for the TW Anniv though! You try that RP Rennisance yet??

Glad you'll be at the anniversary, I'll be there probably bright and early!

I've actually been thinking about that Renaissance all day. Haven't had a chance to smoke much but it's next in line to be sacrificed when I have some time to enjoy it this weekend. Will definitely let you know what I think of it!
  • I will drop in to TW on the 9th for my lunch hour. We are going trout fishing in the N GA mountains that Tuesday ad Wednesday, so I will have to work Saturday.
    doromath:
    Krieg:

Glad you'll be at the anniversary, I'll be there probably bright and early!

I've actually been thinking about that Renaissance all day. Haven't had a chance to smoke much but it's next in line to be sacrificed when I have some time to enjoy it this weekend. Will definitely let you know what I think of it!
    cool, hope you enjoy it. If you like toast and nutty tasting notes, then you should like this one!

"Long ashes my friends."

• I actually fired it up Sunday night but posted in the "What did you smoke tonight" thread instead of here. Great nutty flavory that I reaaaaaally enjoyed. I'm going to have to pick some up when the budget goes back up and I have excuses to rebuild my stock. Thanks again Chris!
  • jacketsrule:
    I will drop in to TW on the 9th for my lunch hour. We are going trout fishing in the N GA mountains that Tuesday ad Wednesday, so I will have to work Saturday.

What time do you expect you'll be there Tim? I think the event starts at 1:00 but could likely get there earlier to join you for a smoke.
    doromath:
    jacketsrule:
    I will drop in to TW on the 9th for my lunch hour. We are going trout fishing in the N GA mountains that Tuesday ad Wednesday, so I will have to work Saturday.

What time do you expect you'll be there Tim? I think the event starts at 1:00 but could likely get there earlier to join you for a smoke.
    let me know if TW has started selling their Anniv. tickets when u guys go...by Oct. 9th, I would think they would be.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    Russ55:
    I opened up my 5 count box of CainFs yesterday and discovered they had exploded at some point. Anyone else hear of that happening?
    Haven't heard of that. Did you get them at a B&M? I'd bring them back and ask for an exchange. If all else fails, contact Oliva directly if necessary.
  • Probably three or four, but i'm flexible.
  • doromathdoromath Posts: 576
    Just updating that I'm now unlikely to make this event. Two things have come up (one family employment crisis, one family medical crisis) that have strapped the budget, and my time allotment, even further than normal. There's just too much going on money and time-wise that's higher priority than the event. Such is life.

I will still be there come the Anniversary party, as we should have resolution on these things by then.

Spence, sorry that I won't be able to pick you up a cigar from the event. From what I've read you may have to buy either a Nub or Cain 5-pack to get the Cain F Nub, but I think they're doing it differently depending on the B&M.

Anyone who does make it pls let the rest of us know how the new F Nub is ;)
  • HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    No worries about the F Nub man
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Rob1110:
    Russ55:
    Haven't heard of that. Did you get them at a B&M? I'd bring them back and ask for an exchange. If all else fails, contact Oliva directly if necessary.
    I got them from CCOM, and Tim is taking care of it, but I was just curious if it was a larger issue or a one time thing. I thought maybe since they are not making this size anymore that might imply something, but I don't know. Sometimes *** just happens.
  • Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    Glad to hear Tim is taking care of that for ya Russ. And to anyone wondering about the F nub, I did a quick write up in my "more reviews" thread. Basically, if you're a fan of the Cain Nub Habano, chances are, you'll like the F nub.
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    Russ55:
    Rob1110:
    Russ55:
    I got them from CCOM, and Tim is taking care of it, but I was just curious if it was a larger issue or a one time thing. I thought maybe since they are not making this size anymore that might imply something, but I don't know. Sometimes *** just happens.
    That really sucks about the whole box exploding. I haven't heard of this happening to anyone else. If it was the whole box I would think that your particular box probably went through some rough conditions. Did you get anything else with your order? If so what condition was it in? I know a stick that I sent to Ozzie around the same time for the mystery stick game had problems as well. I'm thinking since you guys are on the west coast where it has been warmer and that if they ship from colder temps here in the eastern part of the country, that could be part of the problem.