Home General Discussion

Charlotte, NC Event 10/2

First, let me say I know this site has always been sensitive to any kind of non-ccom plug, but this feels like a bit of a gray area to me. Simply reply "inappropriate" to this thread, and I will erase all the contents of my message. Please don't quote anything I say here, because I wouldn't be able to edit your posts in the event that is necessary.

I just learned of a major cigar event that will be taking place here in Charlotte in one week (actually about 100 yards away from my old house), and I thought maybe some people on this forum (I'm looking at you, Gene) might be interested in checking it out.

It will benefit a local charity (BLOOM), and admission is $75. For the price of admission, you get:

Humidor
20 Cigars
Food samples
Wine tasting
Beer tasting
Live entertainment
$200 coupon book (I suspect this is mostly useful if you actually spend some time in Charlotte)
More stuff that I've forgotten

Tickets must be bought on-line in advance. The event is next Saturday, October 2nd.

The website is www.liteupcharlotte.com I know I haven't been coming around these parts, but I hope you're all doing well. I'll check out the site actively for the next day or so, at least to check whether this post needs to be removed. Just wanted to make sure some old friends got a chance to see this before the opportunity passed by. Let me know if any of you are headed out there. I'd love to get a chance to meet up.

Comments

• HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    I saw a flyer for this event from an Email a B&M sent me I don't think I can afford to do it though, wish I knew I had a somewhat local guy to herf with :P
  • HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    So where is Ballantyne Village? Sounds pretty cool. I'm not too far from CLT, but I think I might actually be in Charleston next weekend.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Duty myyy maaan !!! Good to see ya back here brother . As for the event I don't see how this is really any different than guys on here talking about herfing together at one of their local smoking holes. And it seems like a worthwhile project as well. Oct 2 my be too short of a notice for me to pull off for sure , I will need to see what I can arrange at work with my schedule. If I could pull it off I would love to come down and check it out and enjoy some good food and cigars with ya bro. I will keep you posted if it looks like I can make it . Thanks for the heads uo Joe. Hope you are doing well and the family too. Your foot completely healed and all?
  • dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    GMill, hope you can come down from the hills to hang out. I'd definitely like to meet you one of these days. The foot's in fantastic shape, but my fatness level continues to increase. I haven't been out to the mountains much this past year. It gets pretty busy with a 6-year-old and 4-year-old. I've still got a backpacking trip to the Smokies on the agenda, but probably not 'til next year... and of course climbing. How's the ticker? IIRC you had a bit of a scare, but my memory ain't what it used to be.. at least I think I used to have a good memory, I'm not sure.

Heavy and Hayblet, looks like you both came around after I took off. Nice to meet you both. Ballantyne is on the south side of Charlotte, right off I-485, east of I-77. Ballantyne Village is at Johnston Rd & I-485 (Exit 61). I think Alien was from nearby as well, if he's still around here. The shop there (Outland) was a quick 3-minute walk from our old townhouse. Now I've got to drive a whole 10 minutes to get there :) Fortunately, a new shop just opened right across the street from me. Entirely coincidence, I'm sure.

Y'all keep me posted if you grab a ticket. I'll give you my cell # and we can meet up. I'll probably bring 1 or 2 other guys as well, who are regular ccom customers, but have never participated in the forums.