Home General Discussion
Options

Are the boxes seasoned?

Hi guys! I'm new to cigars, and was wondering when you buy a box of cigars are the boxes they come in seasoned? Because I know some cigars come with real nice ceder lined boxes or humidors.

Thanks

Blaise

Comments

• Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    If the box has been stored properly then yes, it would be seasoned. Most boxes aren't suitable to be used as humidors though, they don't have the seal and can't hold humidity nearly as well as a humidor.
  • Options
    Yea because I heard that if the ceder is not seasoned then it will take the moisture from your cigars, and I know a lot of pricey cigars come in nice ceder boxes and they sit in a truck for 2 or 3 days during shipment.....so I was kinda woried
  • Options
    You're absolutely right about that. That's reason #1 why it's important to properly season a humor before loading it up. The great thing about a cigar box is that since it has been kept in proper humidity, and with cigar.com there's no concern that it hasn't been, it will help keep the cigars fresh while they're shipping.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    You buy from Reputable place = Box is "Seasoned"

Seasoned just means that the wood is at the right Humidity to store your cigars.... Downfall of the Boxes is they let "Air" in more than a $2 prostitute so they will become dry very quickly.... They will ship in 2-7 days just fine for the wood will expel all it's moisture, but that's about it, once you get them, store them in ANOTHER Humi that is also seasoned!
  • Options
    Ok I understand, thanks for the help guys! Since were talking about the humi's, I'm seasoning mines right now and have been for 3 days. I wipes it out lighly once per day and put a shot glass with water in it for two days, its got a good seal but its still not keeping 70.......so does that mean its not ready yet? How do you know when your humi is seasoned and ready for the cigars?

Thanks

Blaise
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    blazze2:
    Ok I understand, thanks for the help guys! Since were talking about the humi's, I'm seasoning mines right now and have been for 3 days. I wipes it out lighly once per day and put a shot glass with water in it for two days, its got a good seal but its still not keeping 70.......so does that mean its not ready yet? How do you know when your humi is seasoned and ready for the cigars? Thanks Blaise
    When it does hold 70 % RH. As for wiping it everyday, you should stop that and just keep the shot glass in there for a few days without opening it to check the RH. Everytime you open the lid some of that moisture escapes. Best to just let it sit for 3 or 4 days with the shot glass inside. It'll come around.
  • Options
    AdcuriumAdcurium Posts: 179 ✭✭
    Please tell me more about these $2 prostitutes...
  • Options
    Adcurium:
    not worth it, turns out it's just Lassy in a wig. Almost a complete waste of $2. Wink [;)]
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    Adcurium:
    not worth it, turns out it's just Lassy in a wig. Almost a complete waste of $2. Wink [;)]
    A mouth is a mouth... and I had my teeth surgically removed as a business decision, so..... Just Saying...

Don't be coming on here saying "Not Worth It" cuz it IS!
  • Options
    Lasabar:
    j0z3r:
    Adcurium:
    A mouth is a mouth... and I had my teeth surgically removed as a business decision, so..... Just Saying...

Don't be coming on here saying "Not Worth It" cuz it IS!
    Let's just clear the air, I did say it was almost a complete waste, not a complete waste. As for worth it...well put it this way, my dog will do the same thing and I just have to provide the peanut butter, so...