Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

Birthday Contest

Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
OK, I have a birthday coming up and I've decided I'm going to have a little give-away to celebrate. Here's how it's gonna go down:

It's a birthday trivia contest for you guys to learn a bit about me. One guess per person, per day. We'll do a point system. First person to reach 5 points gets the prize. I haven't decided yet whether or not I'm going to do a runner's up prize. However, I can tell you that there will be an Opus X included in the first place prize. I'll have more details as to prizes soon.

Update: The Opus X will be the Belicoso ****, aka Power Ranger. I'll also be including a Perdomo Cameroon Reserve Robusto, a Camacho San Luis y Martinez No. 4, and more to come.

rusirius - 5 points - Winner
sane - 3 points
joz3r - 3 points
dutyje - 1 point
Urbi - 1 point
Garen - 1 point

Comments

• Options
    First Question:

What day is my birthday?

Hint: I'm a Scorpio.
  • Options
    rusiriusrusirius Posts: 565 ✭✭
    November 10th ........... 1980
  • Options
    rusirius:

****. I completely forgot they listed that in my profile. And I meant to check before I asked that one. Stupid me...well, early bird gets the point.
  • Options
    Rob1110:
    rusirius:

****. I completely forgot they listed that in my profile. And I meant to check before I asked that one. Stupid me...well, early bird gets the point.
    LMAO
  • Options
    sanesane Posts: 151
    Nov 10th, 1980

no i'm not copying rusirius :)
  • Options
    OK, I'll step it up a bit.

Name my 3 favorite singers (1 point for each).

Hint: Two come from Seattle bands popular in the 90's, the third comes from a Swedish metal band, also formed in the early 90's.
  • Options
    Rob1110:

Hint: Two come from Seattle bands popular in the 90's, the third comes from a Swedish metal band, also formed in the early 90's.
    Will the band name work?
  • Options
    sane:
    Will the band name work?

You have to get the singer's name, which shouldn't be hard with the internet if you know the band name.
  • Options
    Rob1110:

Kurt Cobain
    Jeff Ament
    Mikael
  • Options
    I'm impressed on Mikael Akerfeldt, but I may have given away too much info on that one. Point for you sane. Kurt Cobain is not one and Jeff Ament was the bassist of pearl jam, not the singer.
  • Options
    Shucks, the resource I was using didn't tell me what they did in the band and I was being to lazy to look it up, but now I see it was "Eddie Vedder"
  • Options
    Well, I guess Mikael
  • Options
    We have another point for sirius. Layne Staley of Alice in Chains.
  • Options
    I'm out for today folks. Be back tomorrow. I'll go with the first person to get the last answer in the favorite singer question if there are any replies in the morning. Again, one answer per person per day, so sirius and sane are out until tomorrow.
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Cris Cornell...badmotorfinger...
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    I was gonna say The Swedish Chef for the Swedish one. Bork! Bork! Bork!
  • Options
    urbino:
    LMFAO! Damn if we don't need to hang out sometime... You're a freaking riot!
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Rob1110:

Eddie Veddar, Mark Lanegan, Tomas Lindberg
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    rusirius:
    urbino:
    Sirius, what has taken you so long.. Urbi has cracked me up nearly every day since he found us.. Hey Urbi, we're talking about you.. How are the ladies in the office treating you lately ?
  • Options
    Still haven't gotten the last one. Some good guesses though. Especially Mark from the Screaming Trees and The Swedish Chef.

Time for another hint?
  • Options
    dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    Just to clarify, is only 1 point given out to the correct answer? In other words, we can't just swoop in after Shirley's googled the correct answer, and then repeat it for a point?
  • Options
    Yes, there is only one point given for each correct answer. So far for the second question regarding singers, Shirley has 1 point for Layne Staley of Alice in Chains and Sane has 1 point for Michael Akerfeldt of Opeth.

Also, as Sane asked, the band name does not count because Layne also sang for Mad Season and Michael has lent his vocals for Bloodbath, Katatonia and possibly some Porcupine Tree. Just the same, this last singer has been involved in at least two projects that I know of.

So to recap, we're looking for one more singer from a 90's rock band from Seattle.
  • Options
    Mark Arm
  • Options
    Not Mark Arm, but Mudhoney was one of the first bands I saw live.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Ok, I'll go with Andrew Wood from Mother Love Bone and Malfunkshun.

Bummer on the metal singer...I thought to go with Opeth and thought that may have been too obvious, so I went with At The Gates.
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    kaspera79:
    rusirius:
    urbino:
    Sirius, what has taken you so long.. Urbi has cracked me up nearly every day since he found us.. Hey Urbi, we're talking about you.. How are the ladies in the office treating you lately ?
    Like a bad habit. Nah. They're okay. The really young one, Ashleigh, has got herself a case of the preggers, bless her heart. I mean, I can understand how it happened, but damn, a single mom at 18 or 19, that's a hard life. (The sperm donor doesn't seem to be in the picture at all. Probably needs his ass kicked.) Tiffany, the one in her early 20s, still enjoys making little double-entendres about grabbing my package, and I don't complain.

One of the things that makes me love Google, Shirley, is that among the many languages you can choose to display their site in, one is "Bork Bork Bork!" You should try it sometime. It's hilarious.
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    Ok, I'll go with Andrew Wood from Mother Love Bone and Malfunkshun.

Bummer on the metal singer...I thought to go with Opeth and thought that may have been too obvious, so I went with At The Gates.

Both good guesses, but Andy Wood is not it. However, Hint Hint this singer did write a song dedicated to Andy Wood that later became one of the band's hits.
  • Options
    Shawn Smith
  • Options
    Eddie Veder and Chris Cornell were the singers for Temple of the Dog, who sang Wooden Jesus (which was dedicated to Andy Wood). But I already mentioned Cornell and somene else alread Vedder, right?
    If not, considered him mentioned.
  • Options
    Interesting side note (maybe not to you), we named our daughter after one of Mother Love Bone's songs. Maybe not the most approriate song in the world, but we liked the name, Chloe, and the son, Chloe Dancer.