Home General Discussion

cigars in movies

There may have been a post on this subject a while back, but I always enjoy seeing someone enjoying a cigar in a movie.  Especially these days when everyone is so anti tabacco.  I watched the new Wall Street movie this afternoon, lots of cigars, the last cigar Michael Douglas is smoking looks like a cuban cohiba.  Anyone else see this movie?

Comments

• bobd:
    There may have been a post on this subject a while back, but I always enjoy seeing someone enjoying a cigar in a movie.  Especially these days when everyone is so anti tabacco.  I watched the new Wall Street movie this afternoon, lots of cigars, the last cigar Michael Douglas is smoking looks like a cuban cohiba.  Anyone else see this movie?
    Good movie. I think at one point in the middle he has an Ashton Aged Maduro.
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    bobd:
    In the original Wall Street movie, the cigars he brings Gecko as a gift are Cuban Davidoffs.

Clint Eastwood chews on some cheap coronas in most of his early westerns, especially his films with Sergio Leone.

Read an article in smoke about Ron Perlman smoking JdNs, and using them in Hellboy. Camacho is all over the place these days, in True Blood, Sons of Anarchy, etc.
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    docbp87:
    bobd:
    In the original Wall Street movie, the cigars he brings Gecko as a gift are Cuban Davidoffs.

Clint Eastwood chews on some cheap coronas in most of his early westerns, especially his films with Sergio Leone.

Read an article in smoke about Ron Perlman smoking JdNs, and using them in Hellboy. Camacho is all over the place these days, in True Blood, Sons of Anarchy, etc.
    Yup, Camachos were specifically mentioned in Sons of Anarchy at one point. Makes sense, to be honest... Camachos are some heavy smokes. I was stoked when they introduced that guy as he's setting up his smoke shop, but bummed that he turned out to be such a f*ckstick - note to character: that is NOT how to be b&m owner! LOL
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Camachos are getting specific mentions in a ton of popular TV right now. Their marketing dudes are off the map getting their product placed lol.
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Also, The Baby smoked a cigar in "Who Framed Roger Rabbit"
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    And of course, in "The Hangover", there are Gurkha Grand Reserves in the goodie basket when they first walk into the villa.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Hays:
    And of course, in "The Hangover", there are Gurkha Grand Reserves in the goodie basket when they first walk into the villa.
    In the director's cut they put a glass in place of a bottle of booze to not make the sensor go off... In the Lassy cut of the movie they put their wiener's in the hole to not get caught for taking the Gurkha's....
  • Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    American Psycho, right after he kills Paul Allen, he lights up. Can't tell what it is though. Great scene.
  • DHawkDHawk Posts: 45
    In From Paris with Love, John Travolta makes reference to Cohibas a couple of time although they don't actually smoke any. One quote from the movie is my signature.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    In the last scene of "Shooter" Danny Glover and the Senator are smoking a cigar, I saw the label, but can't remember what it was. Great movie

"Long ashes my friends."

• zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    docbp87:
    Camachos are getting specific mentions in a ton of popular TV right now. Their marketing dudes are off the map getting their product placed lol.
    Just so long as they don't waste PE's on those damn actor types.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Hays:
    If you have the unrated version you see more of them. It was the first thing I noticed!
  • sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    More recently, Stallone is representing with the Opus X in The Expendables.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I know the sopranos had lots of cigars, though the bands were always off, or they were out of focus (can't remember). The new series on HBO BoardWalk Empire there are a lot of cigars. Most of Arnold's films have cigars in them, I love the scenes in Predator!
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    Krieg:
    In the last scene of "Shooter" Danny Glover and the Senator are smoking a cigar, I saw the label, but can't remember what it was. Great movie

Great Movie!I saw that too and cant remember either and i have seen that movie 6-7 times....
  • bobd:

i noticed the cohiba,, i also saw a davidoff.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Redtailhawkoz:
    Krieg:

Great Movie!I saw that too and cant remember either and i have seen that movie 6-7 times....
    lol, yeah I like that one too. I get a lot of crap for it but I think it's fun. one of the better "sniper" films ou there. I also like sniper, but the sequels sucked.
  • RaschNutsRaschNuts Posts: 882
    phobicsquirrel:
    Redtailhawkoz:
    Krieg:

lol, yeah I like that one too. I get a lot of crap for it but I think it's fun. one of the better "sniper" films ou there. I also like sniper, but the sequels sucked.

Im with both you guys here i must watch it once a week its on tv so much.
  • Nick2021Nick2021 Posts: 938 ✭✭
    that is a good movie, saw it on the way over to the sandbox
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    I kinda thought the "cloud breather" in ant bully was cool.