Home General Discussion
Options

House blends

LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
This is probably a redundant thread, so apologies up front. I have not had any of the ccom labels, so I just ordered a bunch last night. I remember reading that Capt and I think it was Kuzi maybe who were big fans of the Cameroon label. Dutye, did I read you like the purple label. Just curious what everybody things of the others. The red label looked pretty good, but I don't remember reading anything positive or negative about it here.

Comments

• Options
    dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    I've only had the Cuban Label Corona, and it was one of the tastiest smokes I've ever had. I think Laker feels the same way. Everybody else on here raves about them, and one of these days I plan to whip up a sampler of the house blends, as well as get one of each vitola in the Cuban Label.
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    I JUST BOUGHT A BOX OF THE CUBAN LABELS IN THE CORONA SIZE ALONG WITH A FEW OF THE SAMPLERS FROM THE ONE DAY DEAL.

I DO THINK THESE ARE GREAT SMOKES, AND YOU CAN'T BEAT THE PRICE!
  • Options
    bass8844bass8844 Posts: 416
    I myself enjoy the cameroon label. About 2 years ago I liked the blue and purple labels, but I find the two a little mild now. I guess thats my tastes evolving. If you like mild and mellow give the blue or purple a try.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Luko:
    This is probably a redundant thread, so apologies up front. I have not had any of the ccom labels, so I just ordered a bunch last night. I remember reading that Capt and I think it was Kuzi maybe who were big fans of the Cameroon label. Dutye, did I read you like the purple label. Just curious what everybody things of the others. The red label looked pretty good, but I don't remember reading anything positive or negative about it here.
    My two favorites are the Cuban, and the Cameroon.. but all give great examples of their line at an unbeatable price.
  • Options
    BigDan.BigDan. Posts: 211
    ive only had the blue label, ive heard thebest reviews come from the cuban label, i thought that the blue was a very enjoyable smoke it was a robusto , my favorite size, and i really enjoyed it
  • Options
    LCarLCar Posts: 57

Luko:

Hey Luko,

I've only had the purple label and a few puffs of my father's cuban label. The purple label I had was very good. It is a mild smoke like someone else here mentioned, but as it is advertised on ccom, it will rival any other name brand mild smoke, it is quite good.

As far as the cuban label, like I said, I didnt smoke the whole cigar, but I had a puff or two, and it was very tasty, and my father said that he enjoyed it very much too. Seems like ccom has a good bang for the buck going with at least those two house blends.

• Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    The Brazilian label is pretty good too, I enjoyed that one quite a bit. As mentioned, the Purple label is very mild, and for being a mild smoke it is pretty good. The Cameroon is most excellent as well. Those are the three I can speak to, one of these days I'll get around to trying the others.
  • Options
    rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    IMO, the Red label, Cameroon and Brazilian.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Luko:
    I remember reading that Capt and I think it was Kuzi maybe who were big fans of the Cameroon label.
    capt is the guy for cameroon. I like the brazilian.
  • Options
    I love the Corojo label. I just bought a box of them and they should be arriving any day now.
  • Options
    I must have gotten a bum shipment. I threw a Cuban and a Corojo Label into an order about a month ago and did not enjoy either. Based on how uniformly positive people's reviews tend to be, I might try again in future, just to see if I was unlucky. Ccom does such a great job with everything else...
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947

got sampler of all house brands but the cuban label was by far my personal favorite of all the house blends

• Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    Luko:
    I remember reading that Capt and I think it was Kuzi maybe who were big fans of the Cameroon label.
    capt is the guy for cameroon. I like the brazilian.
    I like brazilians too, though not just referring to cigars... lol. I just picked up the sampler with all of the house blends. Great price, 15 bucks. I'm hoping to have a few reg smokes from the assortment..
  • Options
    jlzimmermanjlzimmerman Posts: 282
    I had the Cuban Label the other day and it is the house blend favorite so far. I will definitely buy it again. I have yet to smoke the Brazilian and Corojo.
  • Options
    undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    kaspera79:
    Luko:
    My two favorites are the Cuban, and the Cameroon.. but all give great examples of their line at an unbeatable price.
    Seconded.
  • Options
    VidarienVidarien Posts: 246
    I stand by the corojo label.
  • Options
    Just wondering, but are the house blends made with long filler?
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    T. Gervais:
    Just wondering, but are the house blends made with long filler?
    No, they are mixed filler. They are, however, some of the best mixed filler cigars you're likely to find.
  • Options
    I tend to steer away from short filler cigars because I always seem to have major burn problems with them. However I've heard countless great reviews for the house blends so I assume this isn't the case here.
  • Options
    clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    I typically do not like a mild cigar but the Purple Label was just so packed full of wonderful flavors that I did not mind the fact that there was little body to it. What I tasted was almost fruity.

As for the Cuban Label, no knock on it at all. Great body and flavor. I had the Churchill and it was an absolutely perfect burn.

I also really Corojo. Although I can't really remember how it burned or the taste, I remember it being one of my favorites, if not my favorite among the entire sampler.

I did not like the Cameroon at all, but I don't think I'm particularly partial to cameroons in the first place. And I also indifferent to the Red and Blue Labels. Not impressed, but also not put off by them.

The Brazillian Label is a great cigar if you like a full body cigar with tons of zest to it.

You gotta get the sampler pack and just work your way through them. $16 gives you a wonderful tour of various bodies and flavors and I garauntee you'll find something, if not 2 or 3 that you really enjoy.