Home General Discussion
Options

Clearance Sale

Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
Not sure if you guys saw this. I am sending out an email about it in a few weeks but want my forum guys to have first crack. Christmas is coming and I need to make some room. http://www.cigar.com/sales/index.asp?t=clearance

Comments

• Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Holy moly Alex, you got some good deals going on. I guess the HMR is not such a hot mover with that deep of a discount. Looks like I might just have to buy some stuff...again.
  • Options
    rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    You are too kind, Alex, too Kind.

The next question is, do I want to part with $250? That is a very hard deal to pass up for this exckusive cigar.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    A good deal though it may be, at least compared to list price, I still don't think I'd find myself parting with over $200 for a single cigar. I mean, how good can it really be? Just because the cigar is made with some super premium ingredients does not mean it will be a great cigar...just my two cents on the HMR.

Personally, I'm tempted to go with a box of Cusano DSG and JFC super toro. Put together, those two boxes come in at less than one HMR and the enjoyment factor would be much, much higher.
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    I parted with a bit less for some of the others: a box of the La Cuna and some Xclusivo Diademas. Along with a box of 5 Vegas Classic panatelas. All for half the cost of one HMR.
  • Options
    bass8844bass8844 Posts: 416
    Has anyone here actually tried one of the HMR's? Or does anyone on the boards even own one?
  • Options
    rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    Yeah, I honestly don't think I could bring myself to spend that much for a couple hours of pleasure. At least not on a cigar, LOL. I have contemplated it as a retirement gift to myself but there are many other things I would rather spend my money on right now.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    If I could justify it I would by myself 2 of the HMR. You know, if you like the first one you need to have a second. I would also buy the GOF humidor. I want that more than all the other stuff but I can not justify it especially on my salary and the economy. I had a hard time justifying the Don Carlos 30th Humidor and cigars.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    awe man, i will have to talk my self into/out of a few of these
  • Options
    I bit on a box of Xclusivo's. I do enjoy these on a Sunday morning with a cup of coffee. If I could've I would've gotten another box, but I'm kinda tapped out for the moment. Maybe if they're around in a few weeks.
  • Options
    wilbr11wilbr11 Posts: 49
    Got a box of the Xclusivo and the 65th anniversary, which qualified me for the free man o war torpedos. Reallllllly excited about this order! can't wait. Thanks again Alex!
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    I'm glad I was gone this wekend and blew my money at the wedding... my girlfriend would kill me if I bought more cigars...
  • Options
    BigDan.BigDan. Posts: 211
    hey thanx alex we really appreciate your site , keep up the great work , thank you again for your generosity
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the goods! I am wondering what makes the Gurkha - His Majesty's Reserve so expensive, and are they any better than the grand reserve or the LXIII Platinum? I mean is the use of an entire bottle and a limited run worth the money? Though I would love to try one =)
  • Options
    Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    Phobic, there's one above the grand reserve and platinum called the Royal Salute. Goes for about 25 bucks a piece and are triple infused with KLXIV cognac, where the GR and platinum are single. The HMR is infused with an entire bottle to one box of 10 cigars. If you're really interested in these, check around for the Royal Salute. That'll be the closest thing you'll get to the HMR without dropping hundreds of bucks.
  • Options
    I have been trying to find these but I haven't been able to yet. The one place I saw them had them backordered. Although, I haven't been trying THAT hard.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Rob1110:
    Phobic, there's one above the grand reserve and platinum called the Royal Salute. Goes for about 25 bucks a piece and are triple infused with KLXIV cognac, where the GR and platinum are single. The HMR is infused with an entire bottle to one box of 10 cigars. If you're really interested in these, check around for the Royal Salute. That'll be the closest thing you'll get to the HMR without dropping hundreds of bucks.
    I'll have to give them a try, thanks.
  • Options
    timbtimb Posts: 353 ✭✭✭

I don't have any Royal Reserve at the moment, but I do have some Rocky Patel Decade torpedos!  Now that's a good cigar!

Shoot me an email if you are interested tblythe@cigar.com ($35 for a 5 pack!)

• Options
    nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭
    ... WOW

I'm not sure if you guys notice, but I sure did this morning.

!!CLEARANCE SALE!!

DAMN, this is amazing!! I don't know how long this sale has been going on, or if this has already been posted, then my apologies in advance.

Check it out. They have everything for everybody.

10 CIGAR CAMACHO SAMPLER FOR ONLY $20?!?!?!

$12 bones for killer 5 packs!!

DPG SAMPLERS!! GRAYCLIFF SAMPLERS!! PERFECTO SAMPLERS!! The list just keeps going and going...

Go check it out already, it's absolutely fantastic!! It's like CHRISTMAS, or CHANUKAH (maybe Hanukkah, I'm not sure), or QUANZA, or anything else you want to celebrate!!
  • Options
    Oh man you should have kept that one to yourself, I would have never saw that!! :-)
  • Options
    One2gofstOne2gofst Posts: 583
    Seriously
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    There goes my savings plan.... going to get so much stuff.
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    And just when I thought I was going to slow down for a little while...

Alex, I have made my list and there is no way you can make me add to it. (unless you add to that page before I place the order)
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    rwheelwright:
    If I could justify it I would by myself 2 of the HMR. You know, if you like the first one you need to have a second. I would also buy the GOF humidor. I want that more than all the other stuff but I can not justify it especially on my salary and the economy. I had a hard time justifying the Don Carlos 30th Humidor and cigars.
    I am thinking of buying the Don Carlos lol is it worth the money?? lol
  • Options
    There goes my retirement fund!
  • Options
    bacon.jaybacon.jay Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I'm thinking that in the next week or two i'm going to pull the trigger on a few things i've been meaning to try...
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    K guys...am I somehow seeing a different page than you folks??? I looked for both the GoFs and HMR that were mentioned in this thread, but they were nowhere to be found...
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Hays:
    K guys...am I somehow seeing a different page than you folks??? I looked for both the GoFs and HMR that were mentioned in this thread, but they were nowhere to be found...
    Yeah.... I get all excited when people drudge up old threads too.... Here I sit again, half a chub and nothing to finish with..........

:/
  • Options
    nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭
    Lasabar:
    Hays:
    Yeah.... I get all excited when people drudge up old threads too.... Here I sit again, half a chub and nothing to finish with..........

:/

I apologize fellas, I served up a full plate of blue balls on an old thread. I just don't have the confidence or "Thunder" to throw down a new thread like say... Lassy, and get it the much needed attention it deserves. So I did shamelessy piggy back posted this great news on an old thread.

Again, I apologize for the tease. I offer this goreous lady as a consolation for your time and half chubs.

• Options
    Wish that HMR was still on there!
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Ah....duh.. I just noticed the dates on the earlier posts.. Still haven't seen any of the Don Carlos tho
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨