Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

Spare 300ct?

Anyone got a spare/old 250-300ct humi? I personally am liking this http://www.cheaphumidors.com/p_imperfect-humidors_DH-300GTB-IMP.html , but I'd rather give a BOTL some spending money for some stick than to put in a CEOs pocket.

Comments

• Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    PsychoSJG:
    Anyone got a spare/old 250-300ct humi? I personally am liking this http://www.cheaphumidors.com/p_imperfect-humidors_DH-300GTB-IMP.html , but I'd rather give a BOTL some spending money for some stick than to put in a CEOs pocket.
    that CEO is a nice guy who loves cigars as much as we do. He provides us with a good service that many of us have used (a few of us more than once) at a very reasonable price i might add.
    i am all for looking for a deal by buying used; and the sentiment about putting a bit of money if a BOTL's pocket is a great thought. i just dont think i can get behind the idea of not buying from Dave simply because he is a CEO doesnt quite register.
    there is no cigar related site that gives better service/quality than cigar.com, but Cheaphumidors.com comes close (at least for humidors)

• Options
    PsychoSJGPsychoSJG Posts: 766 ✭✭✭
    I have no prob at all buying from this site. I love these people. The CCOM people are so great that it's hard to think of them as a company, but more of a family. They take care of us, so I try to buy everything I can from here, even if it's a lil more than other places. But I worked in the flagship of a high profit retail company for quite a few years, and had to deal directly with Corp HQ and the CEO all the time. Quite annoying how they treated their employees, cutting everything they could out so they could get a higher profit margin. So, I it was a general statement about the company's that try to sell top dollar and get out of you everything they can just so their top guy can buy their 3rd Bugatti.
  • Options
    yeah... you're right. all CEO's are greedy bastards.
    nevermind that the average CEO makes about half a million after all bonuses are dished out (not the millions upon millions that most assume). or that they employ countless people by making sure the profit margin is as high as it is. without profit, there are no jobs. but i digress...

but on a side note...
    when you said "their 3rd Bugatti" i thought of the lighter first. got my brain in the cigar gutter.

• Options
    back on topic for real... sorry about the needless side track.

im not sure where it is but there is a tread somewhere around here where a forum member is looking to trade for the exact humidor that you linked to. they were looking to trade for higher end cigars and were doing a silent PM based "auction" for lack of better words. i almost bid but then i realized the wife would kill me if i bought ANOTHER humidor.
  • Options
    This wasn't designed for political conversation. But for the record, the company I worked for was family owned and run for 97 years. The owners took good care of us and helped us out. They treated us like people and we had great respect for them. Then a large corporation took over, cut half the jobs, cut hours, took away all sale incentives, dropped our health insurance to the lowest possible coverage, and actually demanded more effort from us. This was all while we were having record sales (which Started before the take over). And I know for a fact that particular CEOs income was in the millions. I do know that not all companies and CEOs are like that. When I said I wanted to put cigar money in someones pocket, it was thought that there is a great chance the money would be spent here, making this company that lil more money.
  • Options
    kuzi16:

im not sure where it is but there is a tread somewhere around here where a forum member is looking to trade for the exact humidor that you linked to. they were looking to trade for higher end cigars and were doing a silent PM based "auction" for lack of better words. i almost bid but then i realized the wife would kill me if i bought ANOTHER humidor.
    Honestly, I saw that, but I've been having a hard time finding that post. This was also trying to be a flag to that person to hopefully let me know who they were.
  • Options
    leonardleonard Posts: 359
    I bought a humi from the above mentioned site a couple years ago and am happy with the purchase. Cant even find the imperfection.
  • Options
    jship079jship079 Posts: 621
    kuzi16:

it was joey
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Hays was moving one also.
  • Options
    Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    technically, hays is moving mine that I gave him lol...but its all good.....and yeah I was doing a silent auction but nothing mind blowing....just figured it would be fun way of doingthings!!! I dont expect to high of sticks...im not even saying I want a bunch of opusx...lol...just stuff like CAO brazilia gols, JDN dark corojo, etc.....stuff like that...