Home Non Cigar Related
Options

FINALLY......

bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
Opened escrow on my first house.

When I got married six years ago my wife was dying to buy a house, so I took her shopping at Macy's; but I didn't let her buy anything. However, after waiting 3 months, I took her back to Macy's when they were having their Annual Sale, she spent the same amount of money but got way more stuff. I told her then at lunch that was how house shopping was.

See, here in Orange County, real estate went up like a rocket and with all the voodoo financing in place people were just going crazy. I told her that we were going to save cash and go shopping when the houses went on sale.

I am buying a nice house with a 40% discount from the peak of the boom. Also putting 10% down and getting a rate that is insane (probably will never have to re-fi because of rate).

If all goes well I will be a homeowner in the next 30 - 45 days...........

Comments

• Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Congrats Todd. So...herf at your place early December? Wink [;)]
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    Congrats Todd. So...herf at your place early December? Wink [;)]
    Joe, that sounds good to me.
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Congrats brother! I bought my first house earlier this year and it's an amazing feeling, well until you make the first mortgage payment that is.......lol
  • Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Congratulations, bandy! Hope you get the home!
  • Options
    SchroozSchrooz Posts: 165
    Good luck. I put a bid on a short sale about a month ago but have yet to hear from the lender. WIth the market the way it is one would think the banks would be tripping all over themselves to close on a sale!!! I am beginning to think they are sitting on my bid hoping for a better one.
  • Options
    jship079jship079 Posts: 621
    Congrats! get ready to be spending alot of time and money fixing it and makeing it your own
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Congratulations !!!! It is a very special feeling... the first time you purchase a home. One of life's major acheivements. Good on you. Hope you enjoy years in your new home.
  • Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Congrats on reaching this milestone. Looking forward to some pictures when you close.
  • Options
    Heys guys thanks for all the well wishes. The whole process has been interesting and sometimes taxing but to be able to see both my girls ( 5 and 4 ) be able to run in the backyard and not have to worry about their safety so much in this sometimes sick world will really make the expense worth it.

As a note for any of the BORK's out there, my front door and humidor will always be open to you, just stop on by. Oh yeah, I will also let you in the RUM cabinet...........
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Congrats! let me be the first to say enjoy it while it lasts. I'll be sending a MOAB there soon, hehehe.... <----evil laugh
  • Options
    jship079jship079 Posts: 621
    Get some icy hot for your wrist and fingers all those papers you will be signing is CRAZY!! A Place for the kids is one of the resons I got my place that and off street parking I always lived in town and fighting for a spot on street sweeping day was such a pain.