Home General Discussion

La Perla Habana Rojo Question

denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
Anyone know who the blender or maybe the parent company is. I really like the Rojo. Cabi gifted me one and it's absolutley phenomenal. Any more info would be great.

Comments

• robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    I have no info, but I've been thinkin about getting some of these... i'm interested in the info as well
  • undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    No clue but it is a damn fine cigar.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Good to hear about the Rojo, I have a fiver of torpedos coming and have been looking forward to that blend the most. Also looking forward to the Morado and Cobre.
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    yeah, it's really a good stick. I really enjoyed it. Cabi sent one of these and an Original Black Pearl. The rojo really shined for me. it was the flavor i really like. spice, pepper, really good for the price.
  • kaipocruz1kaipocruz1 Posts: 61 ✭✭
    Usually a stick has that nice spice up front...but then it fades as you smoke past the first inch or so. The rojo has some kick a$$ spice all the way, solid cigar guys. The cobre was my next favorite...especially in the belicoso size, reminded me of a chateau real but like less than half the price.
  • robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    anyone wanna split a box? they are the weekend blitz... lemme know
  • undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    robbyras:
    anyone wanna split a box? they are the weekend blitz... lemme know
    PM coming.
  • shamrockedshamrocked Posts: 285
    I've been intrigued to try some blends from the la perla line - nice to hear that it is the weekend blitz - I want to buy a box but usually have a hard time to without having tried any of their cigars before
  • Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I need to give the rojo a shot I've heard really good things about it.
    much like a Cain F to my tastebuds. I was trying to think of the stick it tasted like and I finally remembered.
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    dennisking:
    much like a Cain F to my tastebuds. I was trying to think of the stick it tasted like and I finally remembered.

I would be intersted in a Box Split of these Bad Boys ... anyone need a second.
    pm sent brother
    woohoo
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    Ordered! We have it going on ! Have a Great weekend!
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    The only info I could find on La Perla Habana was from their website..... which hasn't been updated in about a year. The creator is Doug Wood. The parent company is Burlwood Group Inc. There is no mention of a blender on the site. But it appears they've been in business since 1995....
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
    Redtailhawkoz:
    you rock brother!!!
  • Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    dennisking:
    Redtailhawkoz:
    you rock brother!!!
    The cigars are blended by Fidel and Oscar Olivas and are made at Tabacalera San Rafael in Ocotal Nicaragua. This is the family that was in business with the tornados and folks at CAO before selling the factories several years ago. This is now their only factory but very well known for quality smokes. The Brick House also hails from this factory as well as some brands for Torano, Gurkha and the 5 Vegas Limitada 2010