Home General Discussion

House Cigar

bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
So, I should be closing escrow on my house by the end of the month and am looking to buy a cigar to christen the occasion. Just so you know, due to a prior trade with Joe (j0z3r) I already have a Camacho Triple Maduro that I have been saving for this occasion.

Here's the deal,

Since I am asking my fellow BORK's for their opinion I will buy 2 of said cigar to christen the house, 1 will be for me and the 2nd I will send to the BORK that suggested it, I feel this is a win/win situation for all involved.

Try to be as specific as possible, i.e. instead of Opus X, it should be Opus X - xxsizexx

What I am looking for is basically what YOU would smoke if you were in my situation.

1 guess per person and no I will not be buying a HMR...... You will have 1 chance to change your mind and edit your post.

Let the guessing begin.......

I will chose the BORK and cigar after closing of escrow or on November 1st, which ever is later.

Comments

• ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    I would definitely smoke a Padron 80th! I have one resting now, that maybe some day wne I feel like I just won the world series I may smoke ha!
  • lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    Change of mind had a Casa Magna Extraordinarios today and think that it would make a great celbration cigar!
  • jship079jship079 Posts: 621
    if you can find it a macanudo vintage 1979 if not a God of fire churchhill
  • wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Padron 1964 Torpedo Maduro!
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Arturo Fuete Don Carlos Edicion de Anniversario Robusto.
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    "V" maduro..... think they only come in one size.
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    wwhwang:
    Padron 1964 Torpedo Maduro!
    +1 My favorite cigar so far!
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    Camacho pe and they only come in one size
  • PsychoSJGPsychoSJG Posts: 766 ✭✭✭
    I would have said that Camacho. But other good choices are the Gurkah Black Dragon Gran Especial, Cohiba Black Supremo, and if you were selling and got Really good money for the house I'd say splurge and get the Gurkha His Majesty
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Davidoff Puro d'Oro Notables (5.6x46)
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot of great cigars, this could be just as fun as shopping for the house, just less expensive, I hope.
  • jship079jship079 Posts: 621
    j0z3r:
    I think I need to try that
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    Fuente Anejo #77 or #55.
    congrats btw
  • Nick2021Nick2021 Posts: 938 ✭✭
    Here are my suggestions: 1) Padron 1926 Anniversary Maduro #9 2) Arturo Fuente God of Fire Carlito 2006 or 2007 3) Arturo Fuente Anejo #50
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    jship079:
    j0z3r:
    I think I need to try that
    thats a good smoke with there

how about LFD mysterio oscuro

• KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Well, if I just bought a house I would smoke one of my Padron Family Reserve 45, maduro. Great smoke!

"Long ashes my friends."

• mrpillowmrpillow Posts: 464
    Beat me to the punch Krieg!

That said, it might not be the most expensive thing out there and the opinions is pretty split down the middle on it, but I'd take a Kristoff Ligero Maduro in the Matador size. My favorite smoke to boot.
  • Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would suggest a Camacho Diploma
  • boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    Since this is the first of many cigars to be smoked there, I would suggest a comforting favorite "go to" cigar, nothing too special, but one that feels like home. For me its a Don Pepin Garcia Original in the Generosos size. Just a real good smoke that makes me think of home.
  • sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Tat "The Face," which I believe is being released on Halloween.
  • cleakecleake Posts: 21 ✭✭
    Pepin "My Father limited Edition"- something about a father- son rolling together in the house they built that makes it sound perfect for the house you bought
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    I would go with a GOF Don Carlos 2006 Robusto!
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    docbp87:
    Arturo Fuete Don Carlos Edicion de Anniversario Robusto.
    You beat me to it but I would say in the Toro because of the smaller ring.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    God of Fire Don Carlos 2007 Toro. Haven't had one yet. Have had all of them back to 2005 and the Carlito from 2004. No 2007s for me in either blend.
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Partegas 150 serie C. If you can't find any, I have some. Best cigar I've ever smoked.
  • Stryker808Stryker808 Posts: 269
    When I closed on my casa I smoked a Casa Fuente Churchill. My favorite cigar for flavor and smoothness. And the name seems only fitting when buying a house to start your legacy.
  • HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    Jaime Garcia Reserva Especia a seriously tasty smoke
  • KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    Casa Magna Robusto. Good smoke & it won't cost as much as your house will. (Oh yeah. It has the word "Casa" in it which is Spanish for House :)
    Congrats.!
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    I also don't see the need to buy something wicked expensive just to celebrate something even as big as buying a house, I'd go with a known delicious smoke like the LFD DL maduro chisel. Yummmm...
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some awesome suggestions, I didn't doubt that you guys would come up with some good stuff. Now I have to do some research and then pick one or maybe even two. Keep the suggestions coming......Thanks.