Home General Discussion

Need a quick answer: cigars and planes

Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
I'm packing for a trip to Vegas and don't know where to put my sticks, bringing 15 in a plastic bag inside a cigar box wrapped in plastic. I know they treat checked baggage like a football but can I put cigars in a carry on? Any experience with tsa and cigars?

Comments

• firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    I dont see why not, as long as you dont have a cutter or lighter in the carry on.
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    Oh yea...... Have a great time buddy!
  • DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    No issues bringing cigars as carry on baggage in Canada....they sit right in the back pocket of my brief case...
  • undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    I bring them all the time and never have had a problem. If they decide to check your bag, they do it right in front of you and will obviously do it with care. Heck, you're staring right at them.
  • cooch36cooch36 Posts: 714 ✭✭
    ok to have in carry on but must stow the accessories. use a humi pillow if u have one. other then that if there in there original wrapping that buys a couple of days with zip lock.
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Shweet! Thanks guys!
  • shamrockedshamrocked Posts: 285
    Have fun in Vegas! Be sure to check out Casa Fuente at the Forum Shops inside of Caesar's Palace
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Some locations seize cutters and some don't so do not take a good cutter with you. Otherwise cigars should not be a problem as long as you properly protect them
  • One2gofstOne2gofst Posts: 583
    Cigars in a carry-on is fine, as has been stated. Your method of storage will work. However, I would recommend investing in a Herf-a-Dor, Cigar Caddy or the like. They are handy for so many occasions. I have a 5 stick and a 2 stick and a LeTube, but I'd really like a 15 stick setup for longer trips or when I will be bringing a lot of sticks to give out. Would be much simpler than toting around multiples. BTW, have an awesome trip!