Home Ratings & Reviews

Ccom Red Label

just had my first one and man, i loved it... the house blends never let me down...

now, my pallet is nowhere close to you guys, but the flavors in this stick were great! and the smoke was thick and luxurious... just how I like it...

it had about 8 months on it, so that may have helped, but the wood and leather notes were impressive... it was fairly peppery for the first inch or so, but that seemed to die out as the smoke went on... the pepper announced itself early, then gave way to more earthy notes... the finish was big leather and oaky flavors... and maybe a hint of cognac...

i'm really impressed with the house blends... I've been singing the praises of the Brazilian label for over a year now... and the Sun Grown was also a welcomed addition... but this Red Label might be the best of the bunch... my only complaint was that the draw was a bit loose, but I cut more off the cap than I usually do, so it was more user error than anything...

So of the 4 house labels I've tried, here is how I would score them:
Brazilian Label - 93 I've had about 20 of these and not once have I been disappointed
Red Label - 91 Yeah, it was my first, but there is no way it will be my last
Sun Grown Label - 90 I've had 5 and I had high expectations going in
Cuban Label - 80 Only smoked one and it had that strong flavor that I don't like, just like the Sol Cubano and La Herencia Cubana... I didn't like those smokes either

So, in closing, the Red Label is GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD

Comments

• Any idea if what you had was similar to these cigars? Tatuaje Re Label Torpedo.

Enjoyed the review, I recently had a sun grown label and loved it as well.  Which one do you see as best bang for the buck?
  • robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    Sam Tushing:
    Any idea if what you had was similar to these cigars? Tatuaje Re Label Torpedo.

Enjoyed the review, I recently had a sun grown label and loved it as well.  Which one do you see as best bang for the buck?
    Thanks Sam and welcome to the forum... I can't say it was similar to the tat... i've never had the tubo...

I wasn't really thinking of a comp while I was smoking it, but I'd say it was pretty similar to Oliva O Maduro... similar flavors and strength... almost like a toned down version of the original MOW... similar flavors and smoke, but not as much kick...

as far as bang for your buck, all the Ccom house blends cost the same, so mix and match... they are different smokes, but the Sun Grown might be a little stronger... if you call Ccom, i'm sure they will cut you a good deal on them... get a 5 pack of each and see which you like better... now better way then to smoke them... if you're going back to back, i'd say smoke the red label first though...
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Sam Tushing:
    Any idea if what you had was similar to these cigars? Tatuaje Re Label Torpedo.

Ccom red label is nothing like the Verocru Tubos.
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    the Red Label Corona is a really awesome stick with some age on it. I liked it the best of the Red Label sampler.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I think the Red Label is my favorite ccom blend. I had my first one about a year ago and really enjoyed it. It kinda reminds of the RP Renaissance with it's strong oak, nutty and toast flavors.

"Long ashes my friends."

• RippRipp Posts: 125
    Yeah i just smoked a Red Label while walking the dog this week. One of my favorite every day sticks.
  • Cool thanks for the info all.
  • SchroozSchrooz Posts: 165
    CCOm should add a 60 gauge to the line up .
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    Schrooz:
    CCOm should add a 60 gauge to the line up .

+1
  • ellinasellinas Posts: 329
    thanks for the review, you helped me make up my mind on this cigar.  i'm ready to buy some now. i 've never had any house blends and i want to start buying them so i can save more money+ i've read that they are good
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    ellinas:
    thanks for the review, you helped me make up my mind on this cigar.  i'm ready to buy some now. i 've never had any house blends and i want to start buying them so i can save more money+ i've read that they are good
    The red label is really good, you won't regret it. I would try the Brazilian and Sun Grown as well. You may also try a sampler that has all of them. The sampler is cheap and worth the money.
  • ellinasellinas Posts: 329
    dennisking:
    ellinas:

The red label is really good, you won't regret it. I would try the Brazilian and Sun Grown as well. You may also try a sampler that has all of them. The sampler is cheap and worth the money.

today i had the red label and the sun grown...the red label's wrapper felt like sand paper.....is that bad? as for the sun grown...it was pretty good, i'll be buying it again