Home General Discussion
Options

The best Getlemens Cigar Smoker in the world!

Cut and paste this link in your web browser

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zMv4V0ybbo

If there is a better one or even anything comparable,
please let me know where and when.

Comments

• Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    This is something I think we'd normally consider a troll...buuuut, the beauty of this event, in my opinion, justifies the post. I will have to look into attending next year. Thank you for the heads up.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    I thought u said the Big smoke in vegas was too much money yet you would pay 275 to go to this? I think this is too prestigious and uppity in my opinion.
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Joeyjoe21_8:
    I thought u said the Big smoke in vegas was too much money yet you would pay 275 to go to this? I think this is too prestigious and uppity in my opinion.
    And you and I have vastly different tastes - we've established this before. On top of that, I said I'd look into it - the video mentioned "eat what you want, drink what you want, smoke what you want" etc... If that's the case with admission, I'd rather have my fill of Remy Martin at this than of Budweiser at Big Smoke. Not to mention, "prestigious" and "uppity" are two different things as far as popular vernacular goes (one being a positive, the other a negative).
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't knock it till you tried it, I wouldn't mind attending one event to see how I liked it, this or the Big Smoke.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    cooch36cooch36 Posts: 714 ✭✭
    Krieg:
    I wouldn't knock it till you tried it, I wouldn't mind attending one event to see how I liked it, this or the Big Smoke.
    +1
  • Options
    JdoraisJdorais Posts: 652
    I would consider going to this. Nothing wrong with gate crashing a "prestigious" event. I can see me and Hays causing a lot of trouble there.
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jdorais:
    I would consider going to this. Nothing wrong with gate crashing a "prestigious" event. I can see me and Hays causing a lot of trouble there.
    I would attend with you because you both obviously need an older, more mature influence to keep you out of harms way!
  • Options
    One2gofstOne2gofst Posts: 583
    Really, although the price is more than most cigar events, when you look at what you get for the price, I think it could be argued that the value for this event is much higher than some lower priced events. Ever drank Louis XIII? Expect to pay almost the entire price of admission for a glass, if the establishment you are at even has it. Alcohol, cigars, food, location. There is a lot to like. If the only thing one ever looks at is price, that person will no doubt be successful in buying cheap things.

On another note, I think one might actually find less "snobbery" at an event such as this. Most everyone here is going to be well-heeled and there because they enjoy fine cigars. Such folks might have less reason to feel the need to impress with their supposed knowledge of cigars and just enjoy the event.
  • Options
    kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    Hays:
    Joeyjoe21_8:
    And you and I have vastly different tastes - we've established this before. On top of that, I said I'd look into it - the video mentioned "eat what you want, drink what you want, smoke what you want" etc... If that's the case with admission, I'd rather have my fill of Remy Martin at this than of Budweiser at Big Smoke. Not to mention, "prestigious" and "uppity" are two different things as far as popular vernacular goes (one being a positive, the other a negative).

You two bicker like an old married couple, I'd love to be there and watch you guys hang out. As far as the event goes I think it would be a cool event to go to just as the Big Smoke would be a cool event to attend ..... and i think while both events are similar , they are very different.