Home General Discussion
Options

Interesting find...

I was doing some grocery shopping in the local supermarket here (HEB) and happened to see something that hadn't caught my eye before, a cabinet humidor! I went over to inspect it and it contained the likes of RyJ, Montecristo, H Upmann, Punch, and even Padrons, along with a few other lines I wasn't familiar with. Didn't note any prices for comparison but I found it amusing that this was in a grocery store!

Comments

• Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    That's kinda cool
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    not that it qualifies as only a grocery store, but if you find yourself in Cincinnati stop by Jungle Jim's it is the craziest grocery store you will ever go to. the humidor is decent at worst as the beer/wine section is quite amazing. the section for wines over $100/bottle is larger than most wine sections in a regular grocery store. it has a liquor store in it as well. just about anything a guy could want in a grocery store.

it also has groceries.
    but even that is an understatement. the produce section is about 4 -5 times the size or a regular produce section.
    the butcher shop has meat that you dont see often (or anywhere for that matter) ive seen camel steaks, rattlesnake, elk loins, grouse, rabbit and wild boar to name a few.

you could make a day out of going to this place.

• Options
    bacon.jaybacon.jay Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    not that it qualifies as only a grocery store, but if you find yourself in Cincinnati stop by Jungle Jim's it is the craziest grocery store you will ever go to. the humidor is decent at worst as the beer/wine section is quite amazing. the section for wines over $100/bottle is larger than most wine sections in a regular grocery store. it has a liquor store in it as well. just about anything a guy could want in a grocery store.

it also has groceries.
    but even that is an understatement. the produce section is about 4 -5 times the size or a regular produce section.
    the butcher shop has meat that you dont see often (or anywhere for that matter) ive seen camel steaks, rattlesnake, elk loins, grouse, rabbit and wild boar to name a few.

I've been to Jungle Jims, and I've seen the wine and booze and humidor and produce and meat sections, and the CHEESE (OMG OMG OMG OMG)!!!

This man speaks the truth, that place is truly amazing.

• Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    bacon.jay:
    kuzi16:

it also has groceries.

I've been to Jungle Jims, and I've seen the wine and booze and humidor and produce and meat sections, and the CHEESE (OMG OMG OMG OMG)!!!

ROAD TRIP!
  • Options
    One2gofstOne2gofst Posts: 583
    kuzi16:

it also has groceries.

Thanks for the heads up. Not that I will be in Cinci any time soons, but always like hearing about cool places to go when I happen to be different places. Definitely would love to see this one!!!
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Sandman1am:
    bacon.jay:
    kuzi16:

it also has groceries.

ROAD TRIP!
    im in

when?

• Options
    t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    kuzi16:
    Sandman1am:
    bacon.jay:
    kuzi16:

it also has groceries.

ROAD TRIP!
    im in

when?

I'm in! I'm only 2 hours from Cinci.
  • Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    kuzi16:
    Sandman1am:
    bacon.jay:
    kuzi16:

it also has groceries.

ROAD TRIP!
    im in

when?

I've got all kinds of time right now because I'm off from work. When are you free to go? Wonder if this might be something we can plan for with the next herf or trip to Pitt. Only prob. with that is it would be a little out of the way for a trip out east.