Home General Discussion
Options

Fridge-adors / Coolidors

I am thinking about just picking one or two of these wine coolers up and then tricking 'em out....

It would be easier to build them out with the unit in the shop....than it is to work through measurements given over the phone....

Make it a "one stop shop" sort of thing.....

So....asking for some assistance here.... What would you guys like to see, make and model wise, available?

Or, for those of you thinking about purchasing from an online source or elsewhere.... maybe you can have it shipped to me, then when finished, sent on to you - the way you want it. Or, perhaps I could find one locally and do it up....

Just kicking around some ideas....

I was thinking about doing a prototype with a New Air 280 - purchase it, build it out.... and then put it back in the box and re-sell it....

What's good out there and where's a good place to buy them?

Comments

• Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    This is the thread I have been waiting for!
    I know nothing about wine cooler models but I would love to have one. Once you figure out the specs and pricing let me know.

• Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    WaxingMoon:
    I am thinking about just picking one or two of these wine coolers up and then tricking 'em out....

It would be easier to build them out with the unit in the shop....than it is to work through measurements given over the phone....

So....asking for some assistance here.... What would you guys like to see, make and model wise, available?

Or, for those of you thinking about purchasing from an online source or elsewhere.... maybe you can have it shipped to me, then when finished, sent on to you - the way you want it. Or, perhaps I could find one locally and do it up....

I was thinking about doing a prototype with a New Air 280 - purchase it, build it out.... and then put it back in the box and re-sell it....

I have been looking at this one, I have seen it in person, the price is right, throw in some Cedar drawers and have at it, Im thinking it would hold 500 singles or so....
    http://www.rcwilley.com/Appliances/Refrigeration/Compact-Wine-Coolers/DWC350BLPA/2253364/Danby-35-Bottle-Wine-Cooler-View.jsp
  • Options
    I just bought an Edgestar 28 - will be my prototype model.... But, I think this will be the way to go... If you are thinking about that one... we should talk.... just send it here as a stop over before you get it.... I'll have to figure out pricing and such.... but, hey.... might as well get it how you want it from the start, eh?
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Redtailhawkoz:
    WaxingMoon:

I have been looking at this one, I have seen it in person, the price is right, throw in some Cedar drawers and have at it, Im thinking it would hold 500 singles or so....
    http://www.rcwilley.com/Appliances/Refrigeration/Compact-Wine-Coolers/DWC350BLPA/2253364/Danby-35-Bottle-Wine-Cooler-View.jsp
    Oz I think that models a compressor. I was looking at one like that from awhile back.

• Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I've got a vinotemp sitting in my closet that I've done nothing with. Haven't even turned it on. They're supposed to be pretty good. I bought it from home depot dot com.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭

threads like this always make me think of THIS THREAD
    i go back and forth on the idea all the time. maybe its time to relive this idea.