Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Deep Sea Fishing!!

I went Deep Sea fishing a couple of weeks for the first time in my life. I’m “that guy” that always gets sick on boats. This time I was determined to have fun. We did a 3/4 day trip so it was a long day but it was a great experience seeing the sunrise and sunset on the water. I had my doctor prescribe the Scopalomine patch. I’ve used Dramamine before but don’t think I used it early enough. Anyway, I put the patch on the night before as I went to bed and man, this thing worked like a charm. It was the first time I ever had fun on a boat in the ocean. I only caught two fish but I didn’t get skunked. I hate seals now, those bait stealing bastages. I’m hooked, forgive the pun, so I’m wondering how many others do this and what kind of setups you have as I may do this more often. One guy had this digital Shimano (I think) that casted super far and he was pulling in fish right and left.

Comments

• Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I went once when I was in Biloxi, Miss. My arm about fell off.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    I really enjoy ocean fishing but I have never gone for anything big, just rock fish.
  • Options
    firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    I have been a couple times while vacationing in Cancun. Nothing like hooking a hard fighting baracuda or wahoo. The last time down, my brother and I chardered a boat for the day. 2 crew, all the tackle and bait, and all the beer you could drink for $600. My brother hooked a 40lbs, 52 inch wahoo...... took him 40 minuts to get him in. Not bad day at all.
  • Options
    when i was younger i did a four hr excursion off the cape of cod. it was a good time but the sea started to get to me on the way back home but after i got on land i was alright. i was suppose to go out this year but the summer went by to quick so hopefully next year.