Home General Discussion
Options

Winter Makeshift Man Cave?

KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
Any of you guys setting up a makeshift man cave for winter cigar smoking?? I'm thinking about making one in my garage, I got an available cable box, just need to run the cable. If you got pics of yours, post away!

"Long ashes my friends."

Comments

• Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Ya I have been tossing the idea around for a few days now, too cold to sit outside anymore...I have a double garage, 1 side has truck and the other is littered with snowblower, lawnmower etc....pretty jammed....I have been delaying because it means I have to do some work lol....the only thing I have really thought about needing is a space heater I guess...I doubt I would get any more complicated than a chair, table and a heater...I am usually on my blackberry anyways for entertainment...
  • Options
    undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    I just go in the garage with a good book or sports radio. Anything above 20 and I'll be out there. You can always put more clothing on. Being in the garage takes the wind factor out of it which if you live in the north, you know that's most of the problem. I also wear long johns (long underwear) what ever you call it and have a pair of fleece lined pants that have actually made me sweat in the winter. Then I'll wear a long tee, a couple sweatshirt, and my old (but warm) winter jacket. Throw on a stocking hat and winter boots and I'm good to go. BRING IT ON OLD MAN WINTER!!!
  • Options
    Hawk55Hawk55 Posts: 846
    +1 on the garage deal with possibly a space heater...Last winter there was a couple of accasions where I sat on the steps to my basement in snow to get a smoke...won't do that this year.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i move to the attic. once it gets too cold out i cant even be up there. only in the B& M
  • Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    sightunseen:
    awesome lol
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    My "winter man-cave" haven consists of Joey's house (lol)...whether he makes an inside lounge, or in the garage, is yet to be decided I think, but either way we'll blaze it up I'm sure.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    sightunseen:

Hellz yea ! this guy is Hard core! I love it!
  • Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    Krieg:
    Any of you guys setting up a makeshift man cave for winter cigar smoking?? I'm thinking about making one in my garage, I got an available cable box, just need to run the cable. If you got pics of yours, post away!

Ive got a three Car Garage... and a good electric Heater, it dosnt get below 40 much if at all, LOL I know you all Hate US!
  • Options
    t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    I will be insulating my garage door and getting a heater for it. I didn't smoke last winter so I gotta get a system down asap.
  • Options
    TheedgeTheedge Posts: 316
    I hate stinking up the garage, I do on occassion. Mostly I still enjoy being outside, unless it's below 0. I just close my eyes and pretend I'm on a ski vacation. Heck, if there was a mountain in the back yard everyone would be outside drinking beer.
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    I don't worry too much about that down here. I do have to close the garage door when it goes below freezing
  • Options
    sightunseen:
    You have got to love this guy. Having his morning coffee in a snowbank in an undershirt. Makes you wonder what else is in that cup
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't have a garage. I have a shed, which I smoke in now when it rains, but there is no electric.

It's 10 x 12, so I am a little hesitant about putting a space or propane heater in such a small place. They could find my body in the Spring. Anyone have experience with these heaters in confined areas?
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I always find cold weather so exotic. Having grown up in southern California, and not being a fan of cold weather vacationing, I get to experience really cold weather maybe once or twice a year. Sometimes not even that.

I've got an outdoor chimera for the colder months, but it's more of a novelty just to burn wood and stuff than for actually heating. At night it can dip into the 50s, or even the 40s on occasion, so most of the time we use it to make smores.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    This is mine down here in TX. Gotta do something to keep cool all winter!

Igloo Pictures, Images and Photos
  • Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    fla-gypsy:
    sightunseen:
    You have got to love this guy. Having his morning coffee in a snowbank in an undershirt. Makes you wonder what else is in that cup
    Gypsy it's the Ccom coffee blend that The Beard was talking about back in the video seg. here in this link http://www.viddler.com/explore/ccomvideo/videos/76/29.396/ Starts at 2:49sec.
  • Options
    Sandman1am:
    fla-gypsy:
    sightunseen:
    Gypsy it's the Ccom coffee blend that The Beard was talking about back in the video seg. here in this link http://www.viddler.com/explore/ccomvideo/videos/76/29.396/ Starts at 2:49sec.
    He must have stirred it with one of those ligero hairs from the beard, what else could explain his obvious bravado and manliness.
  • Options
    fla-gypsy:
    Sandman1am:
    fla-gypsy:
    sightunseen:
    He must have stirred it with one of those ligero hairs from the beard, what else could explain his obvious bravado and manliness.
    This is either a new MOW badge challenge......or The Beard has not only froze hell over, but made it bareable for human life again.
  • Options
    kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    Yankeeman ..... ya gotta go hit up Lowe' s and look for special order return windows and throw a window on your shed ...... we have a big 12 x 16 and i put a 35x60 double hung window i bought new for 10 bucks ...... then get a buddy propane heater and a coleman propane light and your good to go .... oh yeah a chair and footrest too ..... lol
  • Options
    beardedcanadianbeardedcanadian Posts: 86 ✭✭
    I have a front porch...winter is my favorite time to smoke. I don't care how cold it gets, -20, -30, outside is where I will be. No heater, other than my cigar and a nice glass of whiskey. Is there really anything better?
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    beardedcanadian:
    I have a front porch...winter is my favorite time to smoke. I don't care how cold it gets, -20, -30, outside is where I will be. No heater, other than my cigar and a nice glass of whiskey. Is there really anything better?
    are you a member of the polar bear club too???

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    JY001JY001 Posts: 49
    I love the cold. My deck is covered and I will be too. I only stay inside when the wind is howling in the mountains. I do have a freestanding insulated garage with windows and a wood-stove. If the deck gets uncomfortable I'll hide out there.
  • Options
    I just need to break down and pay this guy the money to get my windows replaced in my basement. They will then have vents and I will close off a room and put in an air purifier and my leather chair. No carpet and mostly concreat so with windows, fan, air purifier, candles, maybe some spray I will be good to go. Oh ya don't forget the XBox360 and cable TV. Now all I have to do is clean out the basement......ahhhh I guess I know what I will be doing this weekend.
  • Options
    Krieg:
    beardedcanadian:
    are you a member of the polar bear club too???
    I have been known to take a dip or two in the winter...
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    beardedcanadian:
    Well helll, Winter starts in August there. You have to make due with what you get. Me, the hotter the better.
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    -20...... -30....... At what temperature does fire freeze?
  • Options
    cabinetmaker:
    -20...... -30....... At what temperature does fire freeze?
    Not sure...I have been out with a stick at -50...pretty sure If I didn't keep puffing it would have froze solid...lol. Dryness is the real killer at those low temps. Unfortunately I am mostly a Masshole now and I don't get cold like that anymore.
  • Options
    Winter is the one nice part about living in the desert. Throw on a sweatshirt and I'm good to go.
  • Options
    badge54fdbadge54fd Posts: 241
    Last winter I was smoking outside but I think I might take advantage of the 150 car parking garage at my complex...

Next year I get my own place and plans are already being made for the real man cave