Home General Discussion

Gurkha identified ("T" Rant)

I had been looking for a Gurkha cigar that I received in a sampler from "T" a while back. It was a dark skinned Gurkha  maduro about 50 rg and exactly 4" long. It was the nicest cigar I have ever smoked. I called "T" and they were unable to tell me which type it was. It did say "Legend" on the band. Today I called Gurkha in Fl and described it to a person there. It seems that it was in fact a Gurkha Legend but made especially for "T" and unavailable anywhere else in that size. She assured me that if I were to purchase a Legend in any shop it would be exactly the same only a different size or shape. This is good news to me but I a bit ticked off at "T". Shouldn't these a-holes know what they're selling? What's the point of selling samplers if you can't follow them up with a box sale of an individual smoke? I also dislike dealing with boneheaded customer service personnel in "Florida", especially when they all speak with that subcontinental lilt. I feel like I'm on line with Dell computer support. There. That said I feel better. Now for a nice smokie. Today I'm nursing a few drops of Crown Royal and a RP Vintage 1990. Life is good. Later...