Options

US vs Cuba

2»

Comments

• Options
    dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    madurofan:
    dutyje:
    the ones that aren't in the profession tend to be patients.
    Explains why u're such a staunch democrat. lol
    har de har har :)

If you want to know the truth, I'm very much an environmentalist, and very much against laws that restrict people's freedoms. I'm also anti-establishment in the sense that I don't believe in any sort of entitlement. I'm against loopholes in the taxing system. I think it should be simplified significantly, and the loopholes should be removed. I neither support nor oppose progressive taxation, although if forced at gunpoint to choose, I would support progressive taxation. I am strongly against collusion and monopolies, and I think if two parties make a deal, it's their problem and nobody else's. I think we should worry less about the business of other countries, and focus on ourselves. I believe we should respect the rights of our citizens to do as they please, and I feel we should set a good international example by following those same guidelines in our international dealings. I believe we should have a strong military to secure our freedoms.

I believe that makes me either an Idealist or Unrealist party member, depending on your point of view.
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    I think it makes you adooooorable.
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Most of all, I believe in common sense.

SOME writers have so confounded society with government, as to leave little or no distinction between them; whereas they are not only different, but have different origins. Society is produced by our wants, and government by our wickedness; the former promotes our happiness positively by uniting our affections, the latter negatively by restraining our vices. The one encourages intercourse (not that kind of intercourse, Lassy), the other creates distinctions. The first is a patron, the last a punisher.

Society in every state is a blessing, but government even in its best state is but a necessary evil in its worst state an intolerable one; for when we suffer, or are exposed to the same miseries by a government, which we might expect in a country without government, our calamities is heightened by reflecting that we furnish the means by which we suffer!
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Luko:
    Most of all, I believe in common sense.

SOME writers have so confounded society with government, as to leave little or no distinction between them; whereas they are not only different, but have different origins. Society is produced by our wants, and government by our wickedness; the former promotes our happiness positively by uniting our affections, the latter negatively by restraining our vices. The one encourages intercourse (not that kind of intercourse, Lassy), the other creates distinctions. The first is a patron, the last a punisher.

Society in every state is a blessing, but government even in its best state is but a necessary evil in its worst state an intolerable one; for when we suffer, or are exposed to the same miseries by a government, which we might expect in a country without government, our calamities is heightened by reflecting that we furnish the means by which we suffer!
    this is a great post.